QOS, GEOFILTER, PENDING QUESTIONS

• Netduma Staff

Hi :D honestly, I'd say lets take a step back. Some things are being over-thought and over-complicated here, and there's a few misunderstandings as well.

You can clearly see some servers on the Geo-Filter, so it's working as intended. I'm guessing you're on PS4 based on what you've said - if you can't see other peers in the game, it's because Sony encrypts that kind of data (so you can only see the host / server of the game, not other players). That isn't the case on Xbox and I don't think it's the case on PC either, though every game is different.

Destiny 2 (and indeed, all other online games) have the vast majority of their dedicated servers based in the US and Europe. Depending on where you live, you should probably have your radius covering one of these. Due to the nature of Destiny 2 online though, you'll need Strict Mode disabled (which yes, will result in some connections being made to America for authentication).

For QoS, I'd say it's your test conditions to blame. Test using Speedtest.net on a wired PC. What speeds do you receive? Your console will receive a portion of those speeds, but only needs <0.5mbps to play games. Make sure Share Excess is enabled, and I'd say turn your PS4 down to 60 on Bandwidth Allocation.

Okay, @Netduma Jack.. I guess it just me and you. Where do I start .. what do I need to do? I guess I should start with ping plotter. Post the results to identify potential issues

On what devices.. my pc connected to New York Times as I live in the US with what settings in QOS and what devices connected to the network? 

My PS4, connect to server ip in the game on ping plotter? I seen the guide. Do I need to run 2 tests. My head hurts. Feeling a little helpless at this point. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Zaroo said:

Okay, @Netduma Jack.. I guess it just me and you. Where do I start .. what do I need to do? I guess I should start with ping plotter. Post the results to identify potential issues

On what devices.. my pc connected to New York Times as I live in the US with what settings in QOS and what devices connected to the network? 

My PS4, connect to server ip in the game on ping plotter? I seen the guide. Do I need to run 2 tests. My head hurts. Feeling a little helpless at this point. 

Best thing to do is run one test when nothing is happening on your line. This gives you an idea of your connection quality in general. Take a screenshot and put your results on here and we'll take a look at it.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Zaroo said:

Does it matter which device? If it’s okay to test any device, I would like to test my PS4. On ping plotter, it says if it has do with gaming then test a dedi.

So, should I load up the game copy ip of a dedicated server and paste it on ping plotter, which is on my labtop or would that be considered two devices on the line..everything is connected wirelessly.

To make sure I get this right, if I test the dedicated server ip, should I just play the game while it’s running? And should I leave it on auto or do a test run of a period of time.

I apologize about all the questions. Just Want to get it right. Thanks 

No worries about asking questions! It's better for us if you do it right too!

The aim here is to check your line is generally stable. So you want to use reliable devices over a wired connection, just so you can focus on the Internet line, rather than something like WiFi interference.

So please do this: connect your Laptop or PC to your router via an Ethernet cable. Then ping a reliable website. nytimes is a good choice. Then take a screenshot of the results and post on here 😊