FIFA 19 XBOX1

Been having a great experience with the XR500 and the software in general.  2 days ago, without having changed any settings, I've been connecting to servers only in the EU and Midwest.  I'm located in the Bay Area and was consistently connecting to servers in Southern California.  No I cannot get a stable connection as everything is outside my geo filter.  I've rebooted, reset to factory setting and changed my xbox network settings to automatic.  Please advise.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Hm, that seems weird. When you haven't changed any settings, but the server situation changes by itself, that means the game developers have changed something on the server-side. I'm not sure why they'd bring down the California servers, but it could be as simple as maintenance.

Maybe it'd be worth using Ping Assist for the time being, so at least out of the Fifa servers that are still available you can get the best one. I'd set it to probably 50ms and see what kind of servers you end up getting. Just to clarify, you haven't seen that California server at all for the last 2 days?

I'm sure the California servers are not down.  The whole community would be raging.  This morning it's attempting to connect me to ONLY EU servers which is outrageous.  I had a friend out of NY who experienced the same issue and he said his only solve was to delete the NETDUMA software and reinstall on his router.  I do not have that option since the 500 comes with the software native.  I'm at wits end here.

image.thumb.png.942c0a6b866caf11b557fa97c2ae66f5.png

• Administrators

Could you do these two things:

1. Factory reset your XR500: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router
  2. If that does not fix the problem, could you set Ping Assist to about 50ms. Then see if you connect to servers in Europe that have a low ping. If this happens, then we must have servers mislocated in our GeoIP database, which we can fix. http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist