Xr500 with Xbox1

I recently starting having connection issues with my Xbox1 so I reset my ATT BGW210 and my Xr500. After I got everything set up again and  added my Xbox to the geo filter the NAT opened up and worked fine until I shut the Xbox off. When I turned the Xbox back on it went to couldn’t find Terredo IP or something. So I went into the Xr500 and deleted it from the geo filter and the NAT went back to being opened. I keep having to go back and forth with adding and deleting it from the geo filter. Any suggestions? Didn’t use to have any issues before, thanks!

• Administrators

Hi there and welcome to the forum. This might be because your Xbox is using IPv6 which is confusing the Geo-Filter and NAT check for some reason.

On the router, could you go to >Settings >Advanced >IPv6 and disable IPv6

On the Xbox - have you set a static IP? If so, please set it back to dynamic.

After doing this, reboot everything and see how it performs.

• Administrators

In the Xbox network settings just make sure it's using automatic settings rather than settings you've input yourself.

When you do the NAT test and the Geo-Filter is on, do you see anything blocked on the map? If so could you provide us with its' ID from the ping panel. Then allow it, does the NAT reading work then? 

What connection issues have you had or is it just the NAT reading? I suspect the Geo-Filter has just blocked the server to check the NAT status, doesn't mean you have a strict NAT just that it couldn't determine it was open.

I went into the LAN setup menu and took the Xbox off of the address reservation and it’s staying open now. I tried what you suggested and don’t see anything popping up that it’s trying to block. The connection issues I was having was joining multiplayer games and when I was able to it was be super laggy and eventually kick me out of the lobby. I have 3 Xbox’s in the house but usually only run 2 at a time. What are the best settings that you could suggest? Thanks again for your help

• Administrators

Okay glad to hear it's staying open now. What game are you playing? It sounds like you're experiencing local congestion. I would suggest Anti-Bufferbloat at 70% for both download/upload set to 'Always'. Also would recommend taking a look at our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646