Expanded Content Filtering Options

Hi guys, I have been enjoying my XR500 router a lot in the time I have been using it.  I wanted to take a moment to request some changes, and I'll preface this with saying I know what I'm asking is not really something that is in line with what this router is marketed toward (gaming).  However, being a father of multiple kids ranging all ages in the house, I have to set up some rules for when internet access can be granted so kids actually get homework done and get to sleep at a decent time.

Having said that, I would like to request a couple changes to the content filtering options for the router which would make my job easier

First, under Blocked Services, it would be helpful to have the option to block devices by MAC address instead of just by IP address.

Second, and most important to me, would be the ability to create multiple schedules instead of just one.  The ability to limit access to multiple devices is currently limited quite a bit by the current system only allowing one level of schedule to be created, instead of multiple.

Again I know these aren't probably at the top of the priority list but I would like to request them.  Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Brad

• Administrators

Hi Brad, this is something that would fall under Netgears development team as they take care of all the Settings on the router so I'll pass this on to a colleague in order to forward it to the appropriate team. Good suggestions!

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi Brad, this is something that would fall under Netgears development team as they take care of all the Settings on the router so I'll pass this on to a colleague in order to forward it to the appropriate team. Good suggestions!

Great, thanks I appreciate it!