Apex legends

dav581005

Unable to connect to European servers in apex legends I have home location in UK with a range of 1500km it always fails to connect then gives me the option to change data centre so I choose London or any of the data centres that have 0 packet loss and it fails if I put filter in spectating mode it will connect to US centre so not really ideal if I delete ps4 from geofilter it works straight away but then I am unable to see where I am connected to 

• Administrators

As the game is very new and there was no beta or anything like that for us to look at how it interacts with the Geo-Filter we're testing in now so we can optimise it. It sounds like from what you're saying that we need to whitelist some servers in order to play. Put it on spectating mode for now so you can see where you play and what the ping is. Spectating mode won't affect what server you're on, its the game's choice then. Once we've optimised we'll let every one know.

You mentioned it gave you an option to change the data centre? Are you playing the game on PC? If so does it give you the option to select different regions?

I am on ps4 and it only gives me the option to change data centre after it has failed to connect but still won't connect to the London centre with geofilter on and with geofilter in spectating mode it will connect to US centre and ping is approximately 110ms 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:27 PM, dav581005 said:

I am on ps4 and it only gives me the option to change data centre after it has failed to connect but still won't connect to the London centre with geofilter on and with geofilter in spectating mode it will connect to US centre and ping is approximately 110ms 

Having the same problem, but in South America. From Argentina: GEO FILTER ON, and always fail to connect. So, I choose SPECTATING MODE, then I choose (in game) DATA CENTER: Sao Paulo (45 ping), but connect me to : 105.156.222.35.bc.googleusercontent.com (189 ping), i think in the US. Don´t know what else i can do.
Some idea....

thanks!

alvaro

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The game isn't supported yet, we're currently testing it to see if we can support/optimise it. 

The IP you provided was actually in Morroco so I'm not sure what that is. I think whatever you were pinging that was high was actually an authentication server we need to whitelist and that you were in fact connected to the data server you chose as spectating mode wouldn't be filtering, unless the game couldn't connect you to that server and changed it to another. How did that game feel?