Replacement Power Cable?

Diem

Sorry if this isn't the right subforum, but I couldn't determine where else to post this.

Anyways, I got a Netduma R1 back in 2015 to take with me to college, but then I found that my college dorms actively discourage bringing your own routers/networking hardware, and even if I did set up my Netduma, since it goes through their preexisting internet settings, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of the Netduma's features anyways.

Cut to today when I have a friend going to college that does need a router, and I pulled my old Netduma out of storage. Problem is, I can't find the power cable, and don't have the time to go searching through everything for it. Underneath the port it says "DC8-30V," so I'm assuming that any power adapter that meets those specs and fits should suffice. But power supplies aren't something I'm much of an expert with, so I don't know what exactly I'm looking for, or where I should look for it.

So, does anyone know what I should look for in a good replacement cable and where to find it?

As a side note, since I've obviously been away for a while, I noticed this new DumaOS. Might look into setting that up on my R1 as well. Can anyone tell me what the gist of the upgrade is?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi Diem - here is the full spec: https://mikrotik.com/product/18POW

If you go into a good electronics store, they should be able to recommend a replacement. I would take the router with you so you can make sure it fits. From memory, I think the diameter is of the pin is 2mm.

• 1 year later...

You need to check that the specs are the same on the old plug and the new plug. That one looks like it would work although i've never seen a plug with a power brick being used for an R1.