double nat

I can't seem to keep an open nat type on my xbox one for more than a day. I Also have an issue where no servers show up in the geo-filter.

Fraser and Jack have been trying to help me via twitter

we have deleted my xbox from the geo-filter

Added xbox again

turned on xbox .  no joy

we've also flushed the cloud.

also tried deleting xbox from geo-filter

hard shutting xbob down

flushed the cloud

re added the xbox

set up geo-filter ready for cod

turned on xbox no joy

then turned xbox on this morning to get a double nat message.

any help would be grately appreciated

routers????? how is your network configured that you need 2 routers, this can definately cause a double nat problem if they are not configured correctly.

10 minutes ago, Trojanica said:

virgin media hub 3.0 >nighthawk xr500> xbox one

silly question and I am sure that it has been asked......is your SH3 in modem only mode?

SH£ modem only mode>>>>>cable from SH3 to XR500 wan port>>>>>make sure upnp is enabled on XR500. I personally add my XBOX ip address to the DMZ just to make sure there's no issues.

once the above steps are done start XBOX and do a nat test and it should be open.....permanently!

for the first 3 months of having this router I had no problems with it.  Nat was always open. Yes I am connected to the correct port on the modem as occasionally I can do a speed test

but 99% of the time nothing works. at the moment in the middle of talking to virgin media to find out why in modem mode I lose my internet.

I will come back and update this once I can get into modem mode.Thanks again for every ones help

1 hour ago, Trojanica said:

for the first 3 months of having this router I had no problems with it.  Nat was always open. Yes I am connected to the correct port on the modem as occasionally I can do a speed test

but 99% of the time nothing works. at the moment in the middle of talking to virgin media to find out why in modem mode I lose my internet.

I will come back and update this once I can get into modem mode.Thanks again for every ones help

Once the SH3 is in modem only mode both routers need to be rebooted in sequence........sh3 then wait til fully online and then XR500 as the XR500 needs a new wan address and to handle the dhcp. This will only need to be done once and a fully open nat will be possible. Double nat only occurs when 2 routers are incorrectly configured and causing ip conflicts.

• Administrators

I think that virgin hub has a specific port for modem mode. So make sure the Ethernet cable goes into that and then runs into the WAN port on the XR500. Be sure to reboot both of them after doing this. 

6 minutes ago, Trojanica said:

Finally managed to get the hub into modem mode and got internet access. Thanks for all the help and will post back if I have any more issues. Btw Virgin media couldn't explain why the hub wouldn't go into modem mode properly the first 11 times I tried

Glad you got there in the end, please don't hesitate to contact and post for further assistance if needed, I shall close this thread now your issue is resolved.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Trojanica said:

Finally managed to get the hub into modem mode and got internet access. Thanks for all the help and will post back if I have any more issues. Btw Virgin media couldn't explain why the hub wouldn't go into modem mode properly the first 11 times I tried

Glad you got it sorted in the end. 👍