Close Dedis aren't always the Holy Grail

Direink144

Under this belief I situated my home hovering ontop a dedi with 18 ping. Great right? Well as an average player I found that I was constantly going against  really high prestige guys with rank 200 - 400. So I opened my geo up on my R1 with the old OS to 3000 miles  and the servers are now P/P and some dedis with higher ping ,say 45 -85. And the noob players showed up in droves. It's like my favorite dedi really limited the player pool. 

So experiment as a close dedi is not always king. 

I am in Toronto so I had been using an Ohio server. Now it ranges from Florida to California.  Crazy stuff. Also I have throttled my connection down to 900kbs down and 900kbs up and it seems to work. Who bloody well knows why ??

• Administrators

Just to chime in here - for most players lowest ping = best connection which = best possible games. 

But the great thing about the Geo-Filter is you can experiment with different server regions and password nice you find the server you love, guarantee that you will play on the same server with the same ping each time. 

For example, some of the UK guys on here prefer the French server to the UK server. 

So by all means experiment with different servers to find your favourite. Just remember to reboot the game after making Geo-Filter changes