ethernet port broken on ps4 or netduma?

GP3

i seem to get a constant ping  line on wifi on my ps4 but it sometimes buffers at the start or at random times but when wired the ping seems to be jumpy and with lag spikes would this mean possibly the ethernet port connection is messed on netduma or ps4 ? ive changed ethernet cables so it isnt that

• Administrators

Having a stable ping through WiFi is odd in itself. As you've ruled out the cables you're probably right. First try using a different port on the router and see what results you're getting. Also how are you testing the ping, through the Geo-Filter? If so it's a ping from the router to the game server that wouldn't be the reason

yeah i thought it was kinda too good for wifi ? through geofilter its solid line --------------------------------------------------- maybe going up by 0.3 sometimes and then re loading at times but when i go through wired its up and down by 1.0 and then lag spikes now and again i kinda think my ps4 has had it but scared that its the netduma kinda skint so would'nt wanna replace them both , also though about usb to ethernet adapter but i wouldnt think that would work on ps4

yeah i was thinking it prob wont work prob need to install hardware like that something you couldnt do on ps4, im starting to wonder if it is connection based or my ps4 pro  fps i get stuttering and input lag and smetimes shudders the screen ,,my ps4 got dropped a while back wonder if its just broke , appreciate youre help on this one sorry if im going on 

• Administrators

It's possible it could be. Only easy way I can think of checking is to take it to a different home and play on the connection there and see if the problems are the same.