please fix allow deny

purpleandgold33

Im so tired of getting thrown into the same damn server that I deny 2 seconds later. Whats the point of even having the damn thing if it doesn't work. Sorry, I've had it up to here with the half a second behind bs. Also, has anyone went back to the old r1 before OS? Just curious cause its really sporadic connection with OS. Duma team honestly what did they change in this game that makes play like complete shit compared to when I first bought this router back in the AW days? Do you guys have any answers at all? I just want to play a normal game of cod. I never used ping assist ever on the old r1 software. Never needed to. I could always dial my connection in with the sliders. The QOS doesn't do anything for me. Ease of use yes its great. Frustrated, spend all of this money i.e. monitor, controller, routers and have everything set up perfect and the game still is never consistent. I'm done ranting.

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Im so tired of getting thrown into the same damn server that I deny 2 seconds later. Whats the point of even having the damn thing if it doesn't work. Sorry, I've had it up to here with the half a second behind bs. Also, has anyone went back to the old r1 before OS? Just curious cause its really sporadic connection with OS. Duma team honestly what did they change in this game that makes play like complete shit compared to when I first bought this router back in the AW days? Do you guys have any answers at all? I just want to play a normal game of cod. I never used ping assist ever on the old r1 software. Never needed to. I could always dial my connection in with the sliders. The QOS doesn't do anything for me. Ease of use yes its great. Frustrated, spend all of this money i.e. monitor, controller, routers and have everything set up perfect and the game still is never consistent. I'm done ranting.

That's alright, the forum is a good place to rant! Your question kinda' answers itself though; we didn't change a thing to make games play worse since the AW days. In fact, I reckon you could pick up AW right now and have some fantastic games on it like old times. With every iteration of CoD their net-code changes, and with BO4 it's changed a LOT. We've had to do a ton of work on our cloud database just to make it playable, but the work we've done should help a lot in supporting future game releases at a much faster pace.

To address the title of your post, we know a few folks are having problems with denying some servers. We're checking it out and should hopefully have a fix ready.

I reckon QoS is doing a lot for you but at this point it's hard to tell in-game. What does a Pingplotter test look like for you these days? If you've got a decent line and no bufferbloat then that's the work of QoS - it'll be working over time to prioritise your game data as usual.

6 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

That's alright, the forum is a good place to rant! Your question kinda' answers itself though; we didn't change a thing to make games play worse since the AW days. In fact, I reckon you could pick up AW right now and have some fantastic games on it like old times. With every iteration of CoD their net-code changes, and with BO4 it's changed a LOT. We've had to do a ton of work on our cloud database just to make it playable, but the work we've done should help a lot in supporting future game releases at a much faster pace.

To address the title of your post, we know a few folks are having problems with denying some servers. We're checking it out and should hopefully have a fix ready.

I reckon QoS is doing a lot for you but at this point it's hard to tell in-game. What does a Pingplotter test look like for you these days? If you've got a decent line and no bufferbloat then that's the work of QoS - it'll be working over time to prioritise your game data as usual.

Hey Jack by no means am I blaming yall for the connections. This router has been phenomenal for me in the past. Basically, just bitching and whining. Cod games are usually bad connections at first and then after like a month they stabilize. I was just wondering what they (treyarch/activision) changed in this game to make said connections so terrible which you explained. My line is stable as can be. Just ran a test a few weeks ago. Ping was at roughly mid 30's with minor spikes occasionally up to mid 40's. I appreciate your guys hard as always. At the time I wrote the post. I was a little on the crabby side. I know its the game, grrrrr!

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Hey Jack by no means am I blaming yall for the connections. This router has been phenomenal for me in the past. Basically, just bitching and whining. Cod games are usually bad connections at first and then after like a month they stabilize. I was just wondering what they (treyarch/activision) changed in this game to make said connections so terrible which you explained. My line is stable as can be. Just ran a test a few weeks ago. Ping was at roughly mid 30's with minor spikes occasionally up to mid 40's. I appreciate your guys hard as always. At the time I wrote the post. I was a little on the crabby side. I know its the game, grrrrr!

Haha that's alright. Yeh that pingplotter sounds great, I remember seeing you doing a lot of work trying to get a stable line. Basically, BO4 has changed the order of things, so now there's a major connection test before you connect to a game which kinda' dictates every connection you're going to get for hours afterwards. On previous CoD titles I believe a connection test would happen every time you search for a game.

That difference means that reloading BO4 has real benefits - you can cause the game to re-run that vital connection test. If you're having a bad run of lobbies it could help. They changed their server infrastructure up a bit too to account for Blackout etc. Hopefully the next CoD will be simpler!