My brother's NAT

Fazor

We play COD AW and his NAT is moderate. Pretty much tried everything to change it with no luck. He says it's because his ISP (TWC) gave him a private IP address, not public like normal.

Is there anyway to change that? Or would he need to contact TWC?

Fraser....I'm not sure if he has tried that one, but I'm thinking he wouldn't know how. Is it easy to do? I'm unfamiliar with the DMZ stuff. I know he did port forwarding and opened his NAT filtering. We also followed some YouTube vid to hold the bumpers and triggers down in a setting page on his xbox one, but that didn't change the moderate NAT on his game page.

• Netduma Staff

Fraser....I'm not sure if he has tried that one, but I'm thinking he wouldn't know how. Is it easy to do? I'm unfamiliar with the DMZ stuff. I know he did port forwarding and opened his NAT filtering. We also followed some YouTube vid to hold the bumpers and triggers down in a setting page on his xbox one, but that didn't change the moderate NAT on his game page.

It should be in the post forwarding or firewall section of the router he has :) If you tell use the router he is using I could look for some specific instructions on where the DMZ is located.

Yeah, well I'll tell him about the DMZ thing and see if that'll work. He seems to think the private IP address is what is holding him up, and that there is nothing more he can do.

FWIW...he does have a Open NAT on the Xbox One setting screen, but on the game screen it says Moderate

Well, I finally got over to my brother's house and we tried the DMZ thing and still Moderate.  But as I was going through his router settings I saw the section about IP Address.  He has the option selected for "Get Dynamically from ISP"   Instead of the "Use Static IP Address" option.  Could that be the problem?  If so, if we select the static option...what numbers should we put in the IP Address section then? 

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Well, I finally got over to my brother's house and we tried the DMZ thing and still Moderate.  But as I was going through his router settings I saw the section about IP Address.  He has the option selected for "Get Dynamically from ISP"   Instead of the "Use Static IP Address" option.  Could that be the problem?  If so, if we select the static option...what numbers should we put in the IP Address section then? 

Thanks

No - thats probably not the problem. Did you put the PS4 IP in the DMZ?

No, no trouble finding games or anything.  We just get frustrated when we are in a party and play.  I'm the party leader (since i have the netduma), he suffers from some kind of slowness or lag.  Not sure if it's lag, but he says he feels behind...and his stats are very untypical.  I also feel a little slower than when I play by myself. 

Just trying to figure out if this is avoidable or not.  Might just be how the game is.  COD AW. 

Archived