Middle East Server.

CYN4PT1C

Fraser and Co. helped me out a ton to find the server/peer in Saudi to play Black Ops 4 with an Open Nat. This means Console Open and game showed Open, I played on pings between 100ms to150ms then after the last update the game shows Moderate but Console is Open but that didn't phase me,so I cracked on and found the game acting a fool cos I can still join parties with friends in the UK and as far as South Africa and play with them so in-game info can be misleading however without changing anything for over a month this last game update [1.10] removed the Saudi server/peer from my Geo-Filter, I couldn't find a match at all whether it be in Spectator Mode or Filtering absolutely nada zip zero numero ziltch!

So I decided to flush my cloud that didn't work but I found the Singapore/South East Asia Server and was blown away that I get a 90ms ping better than the Saudi Server, I was like "What! In the Kangaroo Pouch is going on here mate!" so i locked or filtered my Geo over Singapore,set it to strict and play on that Server now. I wait about 10 minutes to get into a match sometimes longer than i used to and im confused by this,Netduma team please help a brother once again.

1) Where is the Saudi Server/Peer ?

2) How is it that when I connect to the Singapore/South East Asia Server that my ping is lower than the Middle East that is in my backyard?

I look forward to your valued assistance Netduma Team

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, DABRUINOU said:

Fraser and Co. helped me out a ton to find the server/peer in Saudi to play Black Ops 4 with an Open Nat. This means Console Open and game showed Open, I played on pings between 100ms to150ms then after the last update the game shows Moderate but Console is Open but that didn't phase me,so I cracked on and found the game acting a fool cos I can still join parties with friends in the UK and as far as South Africa and play with them so in-game info can be misleading however without changing anything for over a month this last game update [1.10] removed the Saudi server/peer from my Geo-Filter, I couldn't find a match at all whether it be in Spectator Mode or Filtering absolutely nada zip zero numero ziltch!

So I decided to flush my cloud that didn't work but I found the Singapore/South East Asia Server and was blown away that I get a 90ms ping better than the Saudi Server, I was like "What! In the Kangaroo Pouch is going on here mate!" so i locked or filtered my Geo over Singapore,set it to strict and play on that Server now. I wait about 10 minutes to get into a match sometimes longer than i used to and im confused by this,Netduma team please help a brother once again.

1) Where is the Saudi Server/Peer ?

2) How is it that when I connect to the Singapore/South East Asia Server that my ping is lower than the Middle East that is in my backyard?

I look forward to your valued assistance Netduma Team

Hi - super glad that Fraser helped you out :D

This to me sounds like a mis-located server. That Singapore server is probably actually your missing Middle East server, it's just showing up in a different location. There's some maintenance going on with the cloud at the moment which is why the servers look a bit skew-whiff on the map!

For the time being Ping Assist might be a good option for you - set Ping Assist to 100ms and see if there's any other decent servers you can find out there. I hope this helps :)

I look forward to the cloud update,Ping Assist is working like a charm for me on 100ms I get into lobbies faster.

All we need is the cloud update and we good until then this topic has been resolved,you can close it Thanks Jack.

• Administrators

Just quoting Netduma Admin here so please try again after:

Hi everyone. We have just made a large Cloud update. This will improve IP location of all devices and all games. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart your game

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet been categorised as servers. This will be something we tackle in the future but it is a purely visual benefit so don't sweat too hard if they're showing as peers.

We will announce this more publicly once we have feedback from you that things are looking good.