Issue with connecting to R1 GUI all of a sudden.

xG3orG3x

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, mengov said:

HI is there a solution to this as its exactly the same as whats happened to my r1

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Can you create a new topic please regarding your issue and we can go through the possible steps to resolve it.

Just as a follow up... I purchased a Nighthawk XR500 just mainly to test whether my R1 was the culprit in the above thread or if I had cabling/modem issues... one thing I found was the cable to my modem was bad.  However the R1 does have an issue internally. I still cannot access the GUI on the R1. It took upgrading the firmware on the XR500 and resetting about 6 times before I could get internet working on the Nighthawk (XR500) though, just in the event anyone is having issues. It’s irritating I did all of this just to play a game mode that currently doesn’t really benefit from the DumaOS capabilities (Blackout), but I’m hopeful in time it will pay off, especially with two consoles being added to the household this holiday season. If anyone wants an R1 that needs some potentially component-level troubleshooting, let me know.  Happy Holidays DumaArmy! xG3orG3x out. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, xG3orG3x said:

Just as a follow up... I purchased a Nighthawk XR500 just mainly to test whether my R1 was the culprit in the above thread or if I had cabling/modem issues... one thing I found was the cable to my modem was bad.  However the R1 does have an issue internally. I still cannot access the GUI on the R1. It took upgrading the firmware on the XR500 and resetting about 6 times before I could get internet working on the Nighthawk (XR500) though, just in the event anyone is having issues. It’s irritating I did all of this just to play a game mode that currently doesn’t really benefit from the DumaOS capabilities (Blackout), but I’m hopeful in time it will pay off, especially with two consoles being added to the household this holiday season. If anyone wants an R1 that needs some potentially component-level troubleshooting, let me know.  Happy Holidays DumaArmy! xG3orG3x out. 

Actually we want it to check out what went wrong! Jack will be in touch via email 😁

As for the XR500 - which console are you playing on? And you should see substantial benefits using the Geo-Filter to gurantee a nearby Blackout server, are you not able to achieve this?

Jack did get in touch, and I’m more than impressed with the customer service. I too am wondering what went wrong with it, so please keep me posted!

Also, I’m on an Xbox One X as of current.  As for the XR500 - The firmware is freshly installed so I’m yet to get things whitelisted the way I had it on the R1.  When playing solo Blackout matches, I can control my connection to servers nearby pretty steadily. Truthfully, I can do the same with duos and quads, but my connection to party members usually ends up spotty. Many dropped connections to one another, but I attribute that to the Call of Duty servers attempting to connect my squadmates and I to different servers when merging lobbies for the BattleRoyal format.  

Do do you know if the DumaOS cloud update for Xbox players was pushed this week? Also, I feel like I know this answer, but when those cloud updates go out, do they go to all DumaOS devices at once, or does Netgear have to put their blessings on things? I’m assuming only firmware updates are forced through the Netgear blessing-process?

I’m planning to spend much more time with it this weekend, going through it, whitelisting and tweaking settings. One thing I’m seeing repeatedly so far, I find it trying to connect to a server in Europe (I’m in the United States) just before failing to merge a lobby or disconnecting my party chat. I’ll keep an eye on that as I move forward in my changes and note my NAT type as I go. So far it’s steadily “open”. 

Overall, as you suggested, I am seeing a substantial increase in reliability when I’m able to stay connected, but that’s coming off of a week or so of not using the geo-filter. Needless to say, I definitely prefer the geo-filter and DumaOS QOS over not having it. There is a noticeable difference. 

• Administrators

Have you allowed the friends you're playing with on Blackout to rule that out?

There was one yes but we'll be doing some further optimisations on it next week I think. It applies to all DumaOS platforms, nothing needs to be done on Netgears end. 

It may be an incorrect server or a whitelisted server required for online play. 

Happy to hear in general that you're having a good experience on the XR500 :)

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you allowed the friends you're playing with on Blackout to rule that out?

There was one yes but we'll be doing some further optimisations on it next week I think. It applies to all DumaOS platforms, nothing needs to be done on Netgears end. 

It may be an incorrect server or a whitelisted server required for online play. 

Happy to hear in general that you're having a good experience on the XR500 :)

Thanks Fraser. I’m loving the XR500! I have whitelisted my friends, so I’ve ruled out any potential for that being the issue. I may have to go ahead and whitelist the server showing up in Europe to see how that affects communication and party chat. I guess I didn’t consider it possibly being an incorrect server. More to come! Keep up the great work.