Netduma R1 Question

Hello i've had the R1 since it first came out and i just upgraded my internet to spectrum as well. I was wondering how could i use my netduma while still using my spectrum wifi router and the internet as well. I was seeing if i can just use the netduma for lan cables and use the wifi router for just everyones wifi? plz help me out. Thanks 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You can do that but you definitely won't be able to use QoS effectively as it won't be able to control all devices. Geo-Filter would still work but QoS is also equally important, I would advise against it ideally.

I have my WiFi router plugged directly into my duma alongside my Xbox & laptop (to monitor the duma via wired), so this way everything is hardwired for gaming & WiFi is solely from the additional router. I turned the duma WiFi off. As was explained to me this was the best for gaming experience without inhibiting household WiFi. So it goes Modem, Duma....then everything hardwired into Duma including WiFi router.

Fraser......is this the Preferred method or am I off? It shouldn’t affect gameplay correct?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I have my WiFi router plugged directly into my duma alongside my Xbox & laptop (to monitor the duma via wired), so this way everything is hardwired for gaming & WiFi is solely from the additional router. I turned the duma WiFi off. As was explained to me this was the best for gaming experience without inhibiting household WiFi. So it goes Modem, Duma....then everything hardwired into Duma including WiFi router.

Fraser......is this the Preferred method or am I off? It shouldn’t affect gameplay correct?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's absolutely the preferred method and that won't negatively impact your gameplay at all!