Nat type

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, tellto said:

yeah, i had to use the mac address of the duma to select it.

It sounds like this could be a bug with the ATT itself... If you're inputting a correct WAN IP address into that box and applying it, but nothing is happening (i.e it's not adding it to the DMZ) then there's something wrong there.

Just to clarify - you could select the Netduma using its MAC address, and the DMZ looked like it applied correctly when you did that? I'm thinkin' all of this complex DMZ stuff with your ATT that's causing your moderate NAT, since in most cases it should just open your NAT straight away.

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

It sounds like this could be a bug with the ATT itself... If you're inputting a correct WAN IP address into that box and applying it, but nothing is happening (i.e it's not adding it to the DMZ) then there's something wrong there.

Just to clarify - you could select the Netduma using its MAC address, and the DMZ looked like it applied correctly when you did that? I'm thinkin' all of this complex DMZ stuff with your ATT that's causing your moderate NAT, since in most cases it should just open your NAT straight away.

yeah like all the mac addresses showed up and I selected the duma through there, and then applied the "dmz plus" option.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It says that the R1 will get a new IP address, just to make sure on the R1 itself you're not using static are you? 

Also it says you'd need to reboot after applying. Did you reboot both the ATT and R1 afterwards?

no i still use 192.168.88.1. the only static i use is for my ps4 on the duma.. no i didnt reboot but i will do that now

It says that the R1 will get a new IP address, just to make sure on the R1 itself you're not using static are you? 

Also it says you'd need to reboot after applying. Did you reboot both the ATT and R1 afterwards?

ohhh i think i was getting confused with the ps4 mac address, how do u find the netduma mac address again? cuz i think i may have clicked the ps4s mac address instead of the duma

6 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

^

never mind i found it.. 

this is what comes up after i put the duma into the dmz plus mode.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 5.21.32 PM.png

sorry for the spam, but I GOT IT TO WORK!! Thank you so much Fraser and Jack for your help, looks like just restarting did just the thing:)