Congestion Control Not Working

MrBrutalFrosty

i normally like doing my usual 70 over 70 or spice it up and do 90-90 but i just found a bug... i was like lets lower it to say 10-10 to see how slow it would go and the results show up the same on a speedtest my congestion controls not functioning at all speeds are still holding there normal values.. might be a easy fix but yeah annoying i do have my anti buffer bloat feature on and its tickd to allways my laptop isnt added as a device on the geo filter but my ps4 is soooo does thta mean my ps4 is getting the slower speed i want and my pc just by passes it because its not added to the geo filter

i have also done the same thing i removed it put it to never and put it to always and nothing changed my dlsr reports are aids because of this not being able to throttle my speeds down a litle bit hopefully a @Netduma Admin can come investigate this as its a big pain in the ass atm

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

i have also done the same thing i removed it put it to never and put it to always and nothing changed my dlsr reports are aids because of this not being able to throttle my speeds down a litle bit hopefully a @Netduma Admin can come investigate this as its a big pain in the ass atm

This issue can be caused if there are devices not connected to the R1. Are there any devices connected to, say, the Modem or a second router by any chance? Have you tried it with Traffic Prioritisation disabled, on a wired PC with 'Always' ticked?

1 minute ago, Netduma Jack said:

This issue can be caused if there are devices not connected to the R1. Are there any devices connected to, say, the Modem or a second router by any chance? Have you tried it with Traffic Prioritisation disabled, on a wired PC with 'Always' ticked?

yes there are mutiple devices that are not connected to my netduma for example in australia theres a device called telstra tv and cannot use the netduma on it has to run off the modem i have not tried it with traffic prioritation off will try all that but yes i have alot of devices not connected to it as they complain that they devices have poor speeds / wont load anything on wifi so most devices are connected to the modem rather than the netduma but i still do like being able to play with my bufferbloat havent been able to since on wifi to add my internet i use is 4G fixed wirless NBN wich basically runs throuh radio singnals not even my phones connected via cables all wirless would this be a factor? 

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, MrBrutalFrosty said:

welp i said f it did a factory reset and yeah works fine now hmm very strange thanks for your help eitherway and error codes now gone 

That's good I'm glad a factory reset solved it :D let us know if it happens again. This was likely just an isolated weird phenomenon though, I can't see if happening again :)