Ping issues if im not party leader

Blue777

Well Ive been testing DumaOS but I noticed an issue when playing fortnite 

I have only 1 device on my network (xbox console) My network map consist of ROUTER>R1>XBOX ONE CONSOLE

My Geo FIlter is set to expectate mode 

Antibufferbloat is off

Service enabled is Unreal Engine (fortnite etc)

Every single time I play Fortnite if im not the Party Leader I get a very high ping (150ms) but If Im the Party Leader I have steady 40ms no ping issues

Is this related to a misconfiguration of the R1 or my ISP Router or this is how fortnite works?

Any input on how to fix this?

Also Ive noticed that the share excess option feels kinda different from the R1 on the 1.03 firmware

9 hours ago, Blue777 said:

I have only 1 device on my network (xbox console) My network map consist of ROUTER>R1>XBOX ONE CONSOLE

Antibufferbloat is off

Every single time I play Fortnite if im not the Party Leader I get a very high ping (150ms) but If Im the Party Leader I have steady 40ms no ping issues

Is this related to a misconfiguration of the R1 or my ISP Router or this is how fortnite works?

Also Ive noticed that the share excess option feels kinda different from the R1 on the 1.03 firmware

This will be fortnite connecting the party leader to far away servers. I don’t play fortnite so I can’t be to much help. Does fortnite allow you to choose your server region? If so then ask the other party leader to change the region as I expect they have it set to the wrong region.

What difference are you noticing with share excess?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, Blue777 said:

Antibufferbloat is off

Hi, welcome to the forum! This sounds like relatively normal behaviour - you need to be the host if you want to use the Geo-Filter in fortnite, since you're the one with the tools to reduce lag in the game. If your friend also had DumaOS he might be able to host as well if you disabled your Geo-Filter. Other than that, just make sure you're always the party leader and get that great ping!