First Impression and Some Issues

kevin

Ok, to start of, the Netduma is pretty cool. The setup was easy etc. Seems to be a really solid product. However, Im not entirely sure if the issue I am having are a result of netduma or not. Im pretty sure its a crap cod problem. But here it is:

The video below shows whjats happening and the settings. Its only a snippet of about 30 minutes, finally I just shut if off. When you do finally get into a game, halfway through you get booted with the message lost connection to host. This is a constant thing. This is starting to be more of a pain then worth messing with any more.

Ive tried all sorts of dif settings, if yuo uncheck strict you get connected to the crap washington dedicated server, im on the east coast in florida. Same with ping assist, as soon as thats on, bam, west side washington dedicated server. sad.. Im starting to think that the skill based match making is really screwing things up lobby wise, as you can see, i get connected, then kicked, connected, kicked. Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlWCEfcnk8

• Netduma Staff

Hello kevin, welcome to the forums :)

When you're in a game can you disable the GeoFilter.

Usually the problem you are describing is when the host changes during the game and the new host if outside of the GeoFilter.

Let us know if disabling the GeoFilter works :)

Hello kevin, welcome to the forums :)

When you're in a game can you disable the GeoFilter.

Usually the problem you are describing is when the host changes during the game and the new host if outside of the GeoFilter.

Let us know if disabling the GeoFilter works :)

How do you disable it?

Ok, to start of, the Netduma is pretty cool. The setup was easy etc. Seems to be a really solid product. However, Im not entirely sure if the issue I am having are a result of netduma or not. Im pretty sure its a crap cod problem. But here it is:

The video below shows whjats happening and the settings. Its only a snippet of about 30 minutes, finally I just shut if off. When you do finally get into a game, halfway through you get booted with the message lost connection to host. This is a constant thing. This is starting to be more of a pain then worth messing with any more.

Ive tried all sorts of dif settings, if yuo uncheck strict you get connected to the crap washington dedicated server, im on the east coast in florida. Same with ping assist, as soon as thats on, bam, west side washington dedicated server. sad.. Im starting to think that the skill based match making is really screwing things up lobby wise, as you can see, i get connected, then kicked, connected, kicked. Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlWCEfcnk8

What's happening here is that the player host you're connecting to is within your geofilter, however the dedicated server the game is trying to connect you to is not within your filter's range. This can happen because the location on the map isn't correct. I always seem to connect to a Washinton dedi, yet I ping less than 20ms to it in game (which is impossible since I'm in NJ) To solve this follow below...

You could use ping assist only. Set your location in the ocean with the smallest geo filter size. Then with strict mode on set your ping assist to 50-60ms. For me 65ms works best, you maybe have to play with it to find your "sweet spot".

m1Bgw2U.jpg

What's happening here is that the player host you're connecting to is within your geofilter, however the dedicated server the game is trying to connect you to is not within your filter's range. This can happen because the location on the map isn't correct. I always seem to connect to a Washinton dedi, yet I ping less than 20ms to it in game (which is impossible since I'm in NJ) To solve this follow below...

You could use ping assist only. Set your location in the ocean with the smallest geo filter size. Then with strict mode on set your ping assist to 50-60ms. For me 65ms works best, you maybe have to play with it to find your "sweet spot".

m1Bgw2U.jpg

It connects to the game, but after about 4 mionutes it just loses connection... plus it still connects to the washinng server. this is becoming way to much of an aggreavation. blah.

Try moving your home location to Kansas, the geographical center of the U.S., and the less congested Mid-West.

You should get the Kansas City server even though you are in NJ. Set your PA for 60ms. I am on the East Coast as well, but ping only 40ms to the KC server which is not a bad server for a dedicated. What this means is my ISP has better hops / connections going West, then East. The EC is very congested as far as internet traffic and infrastructure which is probably why moving to KC even things out for me.

Beyond this, the game is dying.

I don't say this just for hyperbole. We are almost nine months into the game's life cycle and most CoD players did NOT like AW. Thus, the player base that supports P2P is dying along with it. This is probably why you are being put on the WA state dedicated server? This goes double for the XB1 due to less adoption of the console vs. the PS4.

• Netduma Staff

unfortunately it kicks almost immediately after disabling.

If the GeoFilter is disabled when you get kicked then it isn't a problem with the Netduma as the Netduma is doing no filtering. Perhaps you could try a few games connected to your other router and see if this happens? :)

Just to add to whats been said already, make sure auto cloud and bleeding edge are ticked in settings > miscellaneous as this will ensure you get the latest cloud updates. 

Thanks for the help so far guys. Ill be doing some more testing over the weekend. I may be trying other games as call of duty netcode is just horrible. Ill keep posting results when I get them. :)

Archived