Anti-flood bandwidth settings resetting to 100/10

Hello

I have a 200 download 200 upload connection. I have set up the netduma R1 per the setup guide. I have 2 xbox one X's consoles connected ethernet and an Eero mesh wifi for everything else. I set the anti flood for 200 up and down. In the distribution graph, I did a 40/40/20 between the 2 consoles and the wifi. Speed tests to my wireless MacBook show good speeds. Everything is fine for a while and then anti-flood resets to 100/10 and speeds are in the toilet like 11 down and 30 up. or 30 and 30.

Firmware is the 1.03.6h. I have not factory reset the router. 

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! That's a weird issue, sounds like your settings aren't saving correctly. Have you got Cookies enabled in Settings > Misc?

I'd recommend performing a factory reset through Settings > Misc, then making sure cookies is enabled and setting your bandwidth speeds again. Allow the router to auto-setup for your speeds. Then, reboot the router from Settings > Misc.

That should hopefully hard-save your settings and get your speeds back to normal. Also (just to clarify) make sure your speed test is done on an Ethernet connection, and if you have a PC that'd probably be more accurate than your Macbook. I hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply. I agree this is a strange issue. I will do the steps provided and post if theres another issue.  I'm concerned however about the validity of the proposed resolution.

Cookies were made to give a stateless environment ( the internet) a state. So if I am to enable cookies then you're saying the settings of the firmware are saved in my browser and not to the memory of the R1. Therefore if I either log in from a different device or clear the history of my browser, I have essentially wiped the settings of the router.

Secondly, telling me to troubleshoot via a PC instead of a Macbook a hack job and poor trouble shooting. There's nothing wrong with a mac. It's OS is built on a *nix kernel along with the huge majority of the effin internet. It's hardware is built by one company to maintain a standard. A windows PC relies on hardware built by a variety of vendors (Intel, MSI, Asus etc) all who have their own interpretation of the standard. What version of Windows should I be using to test speeds? Win95 XP, Vista, 8 or 10. Maybe I can dig up a copy of 2000 or Windows for workgroups 3.11? Should I update my drivers and turn off my Norton firewall? Come on. Don't insult your customers. 

How about just advising that I  test speeds wired and not over WiFi.

• Administrators

Please be courteous, we are just trying to help! Obviously we have users of all different levels of tech savviness and we have found speed issues with Macbook's in the past, although it is very unlikely to be that.

Could you try Jack's first step of allowing the router to setup automatically according to your speeds.

If that doesn't work then I recommend you sign up to the beta for DumaOS. It's a major upgrade to your R1: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/