Xr500 and powerline adapters

Pstands

Hi All,

I want to purchase the xr500 I was just wondering will it work with powerline adapters.

I live in a flat and need to use powerline adapters to get internet in the bedroom.

done a speed test and get half of what I get in the living room wired on 350mb down and 20 up ( I got 170mb down and 20 up with a 10ms ping) 

will the x500 give me good reading and connection even though using powerline adopters? 

Thanks 

Peter 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Pstands said:

Hi 

Thankyou! 

Yes get full speed from router to powerline and about half the download speed but same ping and upload in the bedroom where the other adapter is.

Pete 

May be the quality of the wiring in your home as thats what it uses to extend the connection

As Fraser says it is probably the wiring. I have a  powerline adaptor connecting another router upstairs for my kids internet so it can be controlled without affecting my network and theres no loss in speed or ping. 

Yeah it’s crazy the connection in the living room is perfect. And it’s only a small flat 

The connection in the other room is spot on ping and upload just the download effected.

will this make a big difference when I get the xr500.

im still getting a 9m ping and 20 upload.

Pete 

28 minutes ago, Pstands said:

Yeah it’s crazy the connection in the living room is perfect. And it’s only a small flat 

The connection in the other room is spot on ping and upload just the download effected.

will this make a big difference when I get the xr500.

im still getting a 9m ping and 20 upload.

Pete 

How old is the wiring in your flat? The XR500 will not increase your speeds through your powerline if the speeds are less anyway but that depends on what you are using to test your speeds with such as speedtesting through a console is a bad choice. It could be your powerline adaptors. You could buy another set from amazon and if they do not improve the speeds it is your wiring and you can return to amazon for a full refund! :)