Thank you Netduma team!

azza10

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here so I hope I'm in the right area.

I have been looking for a new router for the last few weeks and have been having a really hard time picking what device to go with, lots of things on paper look good. But as we all know, rarely do things work like they do on paper.

My criteria was that the device was future proof for me as a techie, in Australia, where we are only just upgrading to high speed internet around the country. This meant AC1200+ wireless, ideally with beamforming and MU MIMO, and powerful enough to run 50+Mbps. Another criteria was that it had to be able to provide good QoS as I'm currently sharing a connection with a few people running upwards of 15 devices on 15Mbps.

I was hoping to spend around 150-200AUD.

Lots and lots of research and comparisons later, I found myself researching the Nighthawk XR500. A bit out of my budget, but it touted amazing QoS functions and smashed all other criteria. I spent a long time browsing the netduma forum, subreddit, and a lot of other forums where the netduma team had a strong presence, with quick responses to inquiries and returned with fixes.

And it blew me away. I have never seen this level of support for a home networking product before in my life.

In short: I now have a Nighthawk XR500 in the post, and want to say a huge thanks to the netduma team for helping me make my choice, and for providing the support and product that they do. I look forward to enjoying this router for years to come!

3 hours ago, azza10 said:

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here so I hope I'm in the right area.

I have been looking for a new router for the last few weeks and have been having a really hard time picking what device to go with, lots of things on paper look good. But as we all know, rarely do things work like they do on paper.

My criteria was that the device was future proof for me as a techie, in Australia, where we are only just upgrading to high speed internet around the country. This meant AC1200+ wireless, ideally with beamforming and MU MIMO, and powerful enough to run 50+Mbps. Another criteria was that it had to be able to provide good QoS as I'm currently sharing a connection with a few people running upwards of 15 devices on 15Mbps.

I was hoping to spend around 150-200AUD.

Lots and lots of research and comparisons later, I found myself researching the Nighthawk XR500. A bit out of my budget, but it touted amazing QoS functions and smashed all other criteria. I spent a long time browsing the netduma forum, subreddit, and a lot of other forums where the netduma team had a strong presence, with quick responses to inquiries and returned with fixes.

And it blew me away. I have never seen this level of support for a home networking product before in my life.

In short: I now have a Nighthawk XR500 in the post, and want to say a huge thanks to the netduma team for helping me make my choice, and for providing the support and product that they do. I look forward to enjoying this router for years to come!

Hello and welcome to the netduma forum and the Duma Army. Glad you made the wise purchase of the XR500. Please feel free to ask any questions or ask for help if it is needed and we as a forum will do our utmost to help you.

BD

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, azza10 said:

Hi everyone!

Hi Azza! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it.

You've effectively chosen the first of a new era of routers. DumaOS is cross-platform and supports router apps for the first time ever. What that'll mean for you is that every new feature we develop, no matter which platform we develop it for, you'll get at a really fast pace. It's all new stuff but it should mean your router is bang up to date with the latest technology for years to come.

If you have any questions or issues with your XR500 just let us know, we're always happy to help :)