Host Filter... showing wrong location? COD:AW PS4

BreedSuccess

Hello,

When playing PS4 Advanced Warfare and looking at the Host Filter it is showing some of my friends in the wrong states.

Any idea why this would be happening?  

One friend lives in Illinois and his host circle is showing up in Kansas.

Another friend of mine is in Indiana and his host circle shows up near New Jersey. 

Please see the attached screenshot: 

• The circle in the lowerleft (Kansas) should be north east in the north eastern part of Illinois.
  • The host circle in Minnesota is correct.

post-2629-0-90719700-1435163464_thumb.png

This issue only seems to be happening with 2 of the 10 or so friends I've confirmed it with.

Any idea?

Thanks,

-Breed

• Netduma Staff

This will just be because of the accuracy of locating IP addresses. It is not always accurate. If you post the ID of your friend with the location he should be it could probably be moved on the cloud although I definitely don't think it is anything to worry about :)

Hi Guys,

How do I find their ID host descriptor?

Is it possible that their hosts are showing on the Host Detector from the dedicated servers?

I've heard there is a dedicated server for COD:AW in Kansas and in New Jersey.

I seem to connect to a New Jersey (maybe dedicated) host often and that is exactly where my friend's host is showing up?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Breed

• Netduma Staff

Hi Guys,

How do I find their ID host descriptor?

Is it possible that their hosts are showing on the Host Detector from the dedicated servers?

I've heard there is a dedicated server for COD:AW in Kansas and in New Jersey.

I seem to connect to a New Jersey (maybe dedicated) host often and that is exactly where my friend's host is showing up?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Breed

Hi Breed,

When you click on the box that allows you to ping the host, there should be a part that says 'ID' then a load of letters and number. This is their ID. If you don't see that then can you make sure you are on the latest version :)

Hi Crossy,

Please see the below screen shot:

post-2629-0-75464900-1435178057_thumb.png

Lower left circle in Kansas should be in Montgomery, Illinois 60538

• Host ID: EDITED OUT OF FEAR!!!  (please see below post asking about MAC addresses) Crossy, please check your messages for Host ID

Lower right hand host circle should be in Richmond, Indiana 47374

• Host ID: EDITED OUT OF FEAR!!!  Crossy, please check your messages for Host ID

Thanks for all of your help this.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

-Breed

Archived