Cod aw aim assist?

Murdoch

Okay, so I received the Bal Inferno in a supply drop last night. The night before I got the HbRa3 bear fist and the Insanity. I know, I haven't received squat in months. So I was trying out the inferno in a private match against 8 bots in recruit difficulty. I noticed a few times when I was barely touching the aim joy stick while aiming down sites the gun moved itself to stay on target. Is this normal? Does it happen during public matches as well? I may not notice it because I tend to play with stiffer thumbs when it counts and often do accidental drop shots I push down so hard in a one vs one battle. Can someone enlighten me about this, if it's true I may need to train my thumbs to play looser.

there's 2 parts to aim assist

it's the rotate bit that spins me out , especially when someone goes across my field when i'm countersniping.

watch some of raddy's vids he is a master of using aim assist to his advantage..... especially through smoke

In private matches the aim assist feels a lot stronger, but your aim does slightly lock-on to enemies in public matches as well even through objects.  The higher your jitter/ping in public matches, the less it's strength will be.  Private matches by yourself with bots are a utopic kind of situation where no one has any connection advantage.  You'll notice enemies dieing a lot faster and every bullet counting more consistently.  With SBMM things fall apart quick in AW.

I would highly advise you not to turn off aim-assist.  Most people keep it on, because the only time it really messes with your aim is when two people turn the corner down a hallway and split up and both enemies kind of tug your aim away and you end up shooting the space between them.  But aim-assist will usually help slow your aim sensitivity when your crosshairs are over them which is handy at far range gunfights as well as close range.

Did a warm up game with aim assist off. It's tough to stay on target. i am keeping it on and learning to play with a lighter thumb so aim assist can help me out. Funny how after 6 months of playing I am still learning this damn game.

The problem with aim assist off is you're at a big disadvantage to everyone with it on IMO.  That slight extra time to get on target gets you killed a lot.  I personally would prefer no aim assist for everyone in COD, that would sort the men from the boys..  The quickscopers and n00bs wouldn't be too happy though :P

#slaughter

Archived