Throttle on Fiber Speeds?

ViciousSavag3

So guys curious question to know if its necessary to throttle my speeds from congestion control on the R1 if my speeds are 986 down and 45 up?  Right now i just have it on super turbo mode and just using it with Geo filter and its been workin insane awsome just so u know i did just bought me the Netgear Cm1000 Modem to go wit the R1 and its Incredible good but sumtimes i do get sum little lagg spikes here and there its rare tho just hopin to know if it could be the Cod servers or anything else causin that please let me know thanxs again for you help. Still looking forward for the DumaOs Upgrade for the R1 Soon :)

• Netduma Staff

So guys curious question to know if its necessary to throttle my speeds from congestion control on the R1 if my speeds are 986 down and 45 up?  Right now i just have it on super turbo mode and just using it with Geo filter and its been workin insane awsome just so u know i did just bought me the Netgear Cm1000 Modem to go wit the R1 and its Incredible good but sumtimes i do get sum little lagg spikes here and there its rare tho just hopin to know if it could be the Cod servers or anything else causin that please let me know thanxs again for you help. Still looking forward for the DumaOs Upgrade for the R1 Soon :)

So what speeds are you getting through the R1? I don't think the hardware will be able to handle max speeds in your case, though hopefully you've got more than enough to game with. In my opinion you should only throttle if you think it'll help you - if you're getting ping spikes / jitter originating upstream (with your modem / equipment) then you might not be able to solve that through throttling. What're the results of an Internet Diagnostics test, and what is your ping to the game?

We're very much looking forward to giving you DumaOS soon! As always we'll let everyone know on the news section here or on our social media channels :)

Well yea im aware that the R1 is not capable of my speeds which it lowers it drastically but im not worried about that like i said i did just found out that with Turbo mode on and WITHOUT throttling my internet its Amazing. I believe my Base Ping for my internet or iSp is 12ms ping. So i just use the R1 for the Geo filter amd ts been working great so if u ever get any questions for fiber speeds thats would be the solution brother NO THROTTLE. I believe when i do get sum little jitters/spikes that it comes from the Cod Server i hope because my internet runs perfect. And also my ping to the game runs about from 12ms to 25 or 30ms maxx so its Insane Great feel me bro lol (2Ez) most of the times wreckin in COD ready for Bo4 Whoooo!!

• Netduma Staff

Well yea im aware that the R1 is not capable of my speeds which it lowers it drastically but im not worried about that like i said i did just found out that with Turbo mode on and WITHOUT throttling my internet its Amazing. I believe my Base Ping for my internet or iSp is 12ms ping. So i just use the R1 for the Geo filter amd ts been working great so if u ever get any questions for fiber speeds thats would be the solution brother NO THROTTLE. I believe when i do get sum little jitters/spikes that it comes from the Cod Server i hope because my internet runs perfect. And also my ping to the game runs about from 12ms to 25 or 30ms maxx so its Insane Great feel me bro lol (2Ez) most of the times wreckin in COD ready for Bo4 Whoooo!!

Haha that's awesome to hear, I'm glad you're melting them. If you're ever interested we've got a 'Gameplay and Videos' section here on the forum, I reckon a video of you destroying people would go down well xD

As always let us know if you have any issues, but it doesn't sound like you'll have any for quite some time!

• Netduma Staff

I sure will do, thanxs again for everything and please keep up the Awsome work i love all you guys for making this awsome invention for us Gamers so thnxs again and please keep us informed about the DumaOs for the R1 hopefully would work alot better with my Speeds i got running

Hopefully it will - please don't get your hopes up for speed increases with DumaOS though. Speeds are more to do with the qualities of your router hardware, so I'm not sure how much of a difference DumaOS will make there.

Still, the features and potential of DumaOS are out of this world. I hope you enjoy it long into the future!