Getting booted in Destiny will come to bite me in the ass.

R3M!X

Oh my NAT is open. I have a type 2 on my PS4. UPnP is also ticked. I even port forward all destiny ports. Here's the thing, in an open chat party there are a couple friends that I have issues with. Once we go into a private party those issues go away. What is going on?

Also Fraser and I never set up a time and date for a 1 on 1 session. I was waiting for it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hi Remix, sorry about that. I won't go into details but Fraser was unavailable all of yesterday. He'll setup a meeting for sure today.

Can you try disabling your Geo-Filter and see if the chat problems go away please. Then let me know, based on that Fraser's 1 on 1 can fix it for you and others. Cheers 

Still getting booted when playing with friends from Guam. Guess it's just the way it is. Geo filter works don't get me wrong. Just not well with a party that's miles apart. Still love this product though.

Yeah it was on strict. I'll give that a try, would make sense not getting kicked if strict is untick. I notice I'm getting error code " bee " lately since you worked on it.

• Administrators

Yeah it was on strict. I'll give that a try, would make sense not getting kicked if strict is untick. I notice I'm getting error code " bee " lately since you worked on it.

Okay let me know how that goes. Just did a bit of reading on the bee error, sounds like it could be packet loss, with the fact Guam is quite far away I would expect some due to that. Have you done any Internet Diagnosis tests recently that could indicate any packet loss. Make sure you play wired as well :) 

So I figured out why I was getting the "bee" code. It would happen right when I use the PS4 built in browser to log into the R1 UI. Strange thing was this never happened before. I was always able to do this without issue ever since I got the R1. Something changed Fraser. What do you think it is?

UPDATE: I got it wrong. Its not when I use the browser. Its happening frequently now, maybe 7-8 times this whole day.

• Administrators

I reckon just change the Geo-filter back to how you had it set up before, it clearly does not like you trying to find games so far away with the settings I put on there. Its very strange, can't put my finger on why its doing that. Hopefully it'll resolve it by going to your usual setup again.

Destiny's matchmaking is broke at the moment. Any complaints about lag or crappy connections is all in their end and not the R1. Just an FYI for those following this thread. Bungie has acknowledged the issue.

Im on Xbox one and Destiny does not work for me. Funny thing i bought the router only for this game :unsure: . If Im having the geofilter enabled i cant even connect to xbox live or see my friends in friends. If I disable the Geofilter all is working OK. I have set all to the Netduma Wiki suggestions, but Im getting constant disconections between the router and the Xbox.If i go to Device manager I sometims see, that Im not connected to Xbox and the red line flashes or disappears and than gets back on. So sad. Any help. I have cable modem 100/8 and have set all to the suggestions.

• Administrators

Hi Mitaja,

Thanks for purchasing. Don't worry we have you sorted. 

Make sure you have bleeding edge ticked in "Settings > Misc". Then click apply. Also make sure you have strict mode unticked in the Geo-Filter. Then you should not get booted and it should work :)

Hello Iain. I have this settings set, but i get constant disconects from xbox live, friends chat partys and so on. If I disable the Geo filter then this doesnt happen. I have done all by this post http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=destiny_crucible. I thing that my Xbox wonts to connect somewhere in the USA. And if I have Geofilter enabled it cant. (live in Europe).

• Administrators

Hi mitja please can you confirm that its in fast search mode. Slow search mode is only for people who want the absolute best connections, the price you pay for it is booting. If you do have "strict mode" unticked then I'll get Fraser to schedule a meeting with you to resolve it. Sounds like you have the same problem Remix has. We just need schedule a time when you and your friends are playing to find a server to whitelist. Then it will be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience, destiny is not as well tested as other games. You'll be helping all the people who purchase after you so thank-you! 

Hi guys,

the only way to keep the mode strict is to keep the entire world in the geo-filter.

There is no booting and it works perfect.

So i think it means that if one of dedicated servers in the world is not in your geo-filter, you'll be kicked

• Administrators

Hi guys,

the only way to keep the mode strict is to keep the entire world in the geo-filter.

There is no booting and it works perfect.

So i think it means that if one of dedicated servers in the world is not in your geo-filter, you'll be kicked

After doing this and then decreasing the size, do you notice anything that gets blocked that could be the server causing the booting at all?

If i decrease the size, i can see a padlock on the screen and i'm kicked.

With the last firmware, the strict mode was not a problem.

But with the last, a part of servers are blocked with the strict mode and that can explain the booting.

The strict mode is very usefull in Destiny because the hitbox is awesome when that mode is ticked.

If you can find a way to use it without getting kicked and with the anti-jitter, the netduma will be the best gaming router :)

• Administrators

Yes that can happen with strict mode on, if you're experiencing booting with strict off thats a definite issue. If thats happening there is a server we are missing which we need to find to prevent booting. We need to be seeing that when playing when unticked.

So you mean that we need to play without strict mode and check all circles and give you all IDs ?

As i said to Iain, i don't have any problem of booting with strict mode unticked.

Archived