Advanced Service - Question on how to use

KayOneX-24

Hi everybody.

I wanted to ask how to use the advanced service tab in the geo filter section.

For those who don't know: You can reach the advanced service tab by clicking:
Host filtering -> Select a service -> Select a device -> Advanced -> Advanced service.

I want to use the geo filter for more than one port at a time (tcp, udp) and don't know how to specify them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Netduma Staff

Is it a game in particular you want to set up? I'm not sure if there is a way to specify multiple ports or a port range for a device using the advanced section. Maybe you could give some more details on what you want to do and there may be an alternative :)

• Administrators

I don't believe there is a way at the moment, I just gave it a try and didn't seem to work. Like Crossy said, there may be an alternative given more details :)

edit: You could choose the same device for each of the four device slots and do a different port for each one and enable them all, that could be a viable alternative but one I've never tried, so If you try that let us know how it works out! 

To be honest. I wanted to track down a possible issue of my ISP.

When I use the ping/bandwidth test at speedtest.net sometimes it picks up my location as Bilbao, Spain.

This is strange, because I live in North Germany. I think at a specific time of the day my ISP

changes the routing to Spain because of economical reasons. By the way, my ISP is Telefonica o².

I don't know the exact port the speed test uses that's why I wanted to set a port range from 1 to 65535 tcp and udp.

• Administrators

To be honest. I wanted to track down a possible issue of my ISP.

When I use the ping/bandwidth test at speedtest.net sometimes it picks up my location as Bilbao, Spain.

This is strange, because I live in North Germany. I think at a specific time of the day my ISP

changes the routing to Spain because of economical reasons. By the way, my ISP is Telefonica o².

I don't know the exact port the speed test uses that's why I wanted to set a port range from 1 to 65535 tcp and udp.

In that case I'd recommend doing our internet diagnosis test at different times of the day to see how the results differ and to then have hard proof they're doing something strange. 

• Administrators

Yes, I did it in the afternoon. This was what it told me: Ping Ok, Jitter Ok, Spikes Exceptional, Packet Loss No Loss.

It must have something to do with the routing my ISP does.

Ahh okay, well personally what I would do if this was me would be to do our diagnostic test every few hours, click the show details button and compile some data, then if something comes up that confirms your suspicion, contact them and tell them whats happening, provide them with the proof if necessary as they may not take much notice otherwise.

• Administrators

Just in case someone see's this in future.

The Geo-Fitler was not designed to allow multiple ports. But you can achieve the same thing by using multiple services with the same device and different ports. Therefore in theory you can you have up-to 4 ports at the moment Geo-Filtered. 

However remember the trace feature is qutie in accurate because the Geo-Location of core routers is often incorrect. 

Archived