VPN Hybrid for 2 Way PC Streaming and Gaming

I've just recently looked into 2 way PC Streaming and need some advice.  So my main PC is used for gaming and I use a capture card to send the information to a Streaming PC which uploads the information.

My query is in regards to the VPN Hybrid.  The Streaming Guide https://staging.netduma.com/why/for-streamers/ on the Netduma Web Site shows how to set up a Gaming and Streaming from the same PC whilst using a VPN.  All well and good, but for a two PC Setup it's a little different.

I was thinking of setting up a VPN on the Streaming PC to protect against DDOS attacks, but it would leave the Gaming PC using its own IP.  I am thinking that I may need to set a VPN on the Gaming PC to, but that may cause an issue for what I am trying to Game which is Quake Champions.  In the past when I've added a VPN it's added about 10-20ms of lag to the ping.  I'm trying to set up the VPN on the Streaming PC and see how that works out.  But if anyone has any advice on this I would be grateful.

You are gonna have extra ping/lag when running a VPN due to the nature of a VPN as it encrypts data and bounces it around. Theres no VPN hybrid on the XR500 at the moment but on the R1 you can enter the config file of your chosen VPN service (I use P.I.A) and you can select the devices on your network you want to be behind the vpn.

• Netduma Staff

I've just recently looked into 2 way PC Streaming and need some advice.  So my main PC is used for gaming and I use a capture card to send the information to a Streaming PC which uploads the information.

My query is in regards to the VPN Hybrid.  The Streaming Guide https://staging.netduma.com/why/for-streamers/ on the Netduma Web Site shows how to set up a Gaming and Streaming from the same PC whilst using a VPN.  All well and good, but for a two PC Setup it's a little different.

I was thinking of setting up a VPN on the Streaming PC to protect against DDOS attacks, but it would leave the Gaming PC using its own IP.  I am thinking that I may need to set a VPN on the Gaming PC to, but that may cause an issue for what I am trying to Game which is Quake Champions.  In the past when I've added a VPN it's added about 10-20ms of lag to the ping.  I'm trying to set up the VPN on the Streaming PC and see how that works out.  But if anyone has any advice on this I would be grateful.

The advice above is great - the R1 VPN Hybrid feature allows you to just untick any devices which don't use the VPN, so you can use it however you please. It's possible that you don't need a VPN though - have you ever been DDoS attacked? Do you believe you will be?