I'm the middle of the Pacific. Recommend me some settings.

R3M!X

So my buddy got his R1 I ordered for him in the mail. Problem here is he's in Guam which is a very tiny island with a population of 170,000+, and he thousands of miles away from good server,host,etc. Our game of at the moment is destiny. Destiny is more P2P in terms of connection. Obviously he wanted the Netduma to find better games for a better gaming experience. The geo filter in my experience works wonders for me as I am in the east coast of the USA,but for him its a whole different ball game. So I ask on his behalf, what recommended settings should he run on the R1? If he places his home is the North America region does this improve his connection to find better games? How would that work if he places his home at lets say Texas and in actuality he thousands of miles away? What would the community and mods,Iann,Fraser,etc suggest he do? Your help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your repk buck, but he's more concerned on how the R1's geo filter feature will benefit him in terms of actual location vs placing the home icon elsewhere.

FYI his internet connection according to him is 30 down, 5 up, 30-35ms ping.

• Administrators

Thanks for your repk buck, but he's more concerned on how the R1's geo filter feature will benefit him in terms of actual location vs placing the home icon elsewhere.

FYI his internet connection according to him is 30 down, 5 up, 30-35ms ping.

Okay so what I would say is he's unlikely to get any local games. I would suggest he puts his location in either Australia or China as it seems to me they are much closer to him and therefore likely to get better hosts than if he put it in the US. 

• Administrators

OK will pass that along to him. Thanks for your help, if there is anything else that can improve his gaming experience please feel free.

No problem, make sure he checks out the guides from the wiki search Buck provided on Destiny so he can set up his Geo-filter correctly. Also make sure he enables bleeding edge on the cloud :) 

Archived