Tips for lower latency value on Xbox detailed Network Statistics?

R3M!X

I play pubg on the X and I feel like my shots don't register as it should be. I lose engagements that I feel I shouldn't have, especially if I had the jump on them first. Also when I'm shooting at them I'm not seeing any blood splatter sometimes even if my reticle is on . Out of frustration I wanted figure out why this is happening so I ran a test I in the Xbox. Although my Download and upload is pretty good, my latency is around 80- 100ms. Did the tests numerous times and it's very consistent. Latency is just very high. Anyone have some tips on how I can lower latency to maybe below 50ms? I have everything on the Duma on the right settings to the best of my knowledge but maybe I'm missing something? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

what is your base ping if you speedtest from a wired pc or laptop?

I have not done that to be honest. Thanks for bringing that up. On the PS4 I use the browser to run a test on the speed test site. Does the Xbox have it's own browser also? I can probably compare both console and PC.

I play pubg on the X and I feel like my shots don't register as it should be. I lose engagements that I feel I shouldn't have, especially if I had the jump on them first. Also when I'm shooting at them I'm not seeing any blood splatter sometimes even if my reticle is on . Out of frustration I wanted figure out why this is happening so I ran a test I in the Xbox. Although my Download and upload is pretty good, my latency is around 80- 100ms. Did the tests numerous times and it's very consistent. Latency is just very high. Anyone have some tips on how I can lower latency to maybe below 50ms? I have everything on the Duma on the right settings to the best of my knowledge but maybe I'm missing something? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Where are you based? East/south coast of North America? The Xbox test pings a server in Seattle so if you're not near it, the latency will be higher. You can prove this isn't your base latency by using PingPlotter and pinging 8.8.8.8 or twitter.com

When I was on Xbox 360 I could run the network connection test and get 140ms or so. Seems nuts until you realise I'm just outside of London, and 140ms lines up with what I get when pinging the Seattle CoD server. If you lived in Washington you'd probably get <20ms on the Xbox test :)

you should never run a speedtest from a console based browser or also trust from a network test inside a console. The only true way is to do it via the wired pc/laptop method. If your ping is similar to what you get via your console tests then there is nothing you can do to lower a base ping apart from change isp's. Or you can do the pingplotter method which is also a good suggestion, but a speedtest.net ping will be better as theres likely to be a server a lot closer to you than, just for pinging purposes.

Where are you based? East/south coast of North America? The Xbox test pings a server in Seattle so if you're not near it, the latency will be higher. You can prove this isn't your base latency by using PingPlotter and pinging 8.8.8.8 or twitter.com

When I was on Xbox 360 I could run the network connection test and get 140ms or so. Seems nuts until you realise I'm just outside of London, and 140ms lines up with what I get when pinging the Seattle CoD server. If you lived in Washington you'd probably get <20ms on the Xbox test :)

If that test server is base of Seattle then that would make sense since I'm on the Northeast US.

Do you know if pubg uses their own servers or xbox ( Microsoft's servers?

you should never run a speedtest from a console based browser or also trust from a network test inside a console. The only true way is to do it via the wired pc/laptop method. If your ping is similar to what you get via your console tests then there is nothing you can do to lower a base ping apart from change isp's. Or you can do the pingplotter method which is also a good suggestion, but a speedtest.net ping will be better as theres likely to be a server a lot closer to you than, just for pinging purposes.

When I use the browser on my PS4 and ran a test on test sites they were similar to what I was getting on my PC. I even did bufferbloat tests and they were similar.

If that test server is base of Seattle then that would make sense since I'm on the Northeast US.

Do you know if pubg uses their own servers or xbox ( Microsoft's servers?

That's 100% why then bud. I get around 70-80ms to Quebec or New York servers and around 140-150ms to west coast US servers so that lines up pretty well.

And yeah, games will have their own servers for sure. Does PUBG not have a server browser that lets you choose where you want to play? I know there's one on PUBG mobile anyway lol

Idk if you play CoD or not, but if you do check your Duma map when you connect to online services and click the dot or padlock over Seattle. You should see similar latency to that compared to the results you get on the Xbox test. Microsoft is fully responsible for the Xbox connection test so you'll only ever ping that one location. A lot of people in Europe or Asia have thought they've had connection problems due to this confusion. I was the same until someone told me MS only has the server in Seattle for that test :)