Speed is far away...

DARTHXX

Hello Netduma Team,

i am getting really frustrated at the moment...

I have changed to another house and also changed the Internet speeds at this house, but it is the same provider!

Today i wanted to get the R1 ready with the new speeds ect. I am trying now for several hours, searched the forums, internet

and so on and i am not able to get the speeds i am paying for when i go through the netduma r1.

Speed tests going through the Provider Router are ok, getting between 205 and 215 download and 10 upload.

Doing the test through Netduma R1 -> Provider Router are just 40 Download...

I have unticked IpV6 on WAN , LAN & MISC

Have put in my new bandwitdh and let the Duma configure for the speed

Have ticked Turbo Mode

Also for testing ticked Super Turbo Mode

Ticked reactive Algorithm

100 % sliders on congestion

Share excess enabled

Disabled deep packet in MISC

Everything ... but the speed is not going over 40 MBit. It is so frustrating.

I also rebooted my isp router (where the netduma is as DMZ) rebooted the netduma, made a factory reset ect ect ect

nothing is changing and with the duma i am not cming close to the speeds i pay for. I also updated to firmware 1.03.6j

cause i have read it on this forums i think fraser told a guy with same problem to do so. Nothing!

Please can someone help me!!!

Wireless Laptop!

Connected per wifi on the ISP Router giving full speed

Connected per wifi on the netduma (same location and distance to the laptop) giving only 40 Mbit download instead aof 200 Mbit

Oh and hardwired to the PS4 using the internet browser of the PS4 also giving same results...

Wireless Laptop!

Connected per wifi on the ISP Router giving full speed

Connected per wifi on the netduma (same location and distance to the laptop) giving only 40 Mbit download instead aof 200 Mbit

Oh and hardwired to the PS4 using the internet browser of the PS4 also giving same results...

Wire your laptop to the Duma then run the speedtest. Any other way of testing like WiFi or using a console will not give you an accurate result

You won’t get a very high speed from the Duma’s WiFi due to it being 2.4GHz WiFi only. Your ISP router will have 5GHz WiFi and that is why you get higher speed when testing using your ISP routers WiFi. Many of us have a 5GHz WiFi router connected to the Duma and set in access point mode, that way you can get high speed WiFi and use all the features of the Netduma.

• Netduma Staff

Ok Thank you ! Will test it!

Please let us know how you get on! It could very well be the manner in which the test is being conducted to blame rather than settings. It looks like your settings are great.

I'd also recommend giving another Ethernet cable a try. Let us know how you get on!