Slow interface

I have to reboot the router 10 times a day that i even can do something on Netduma interface. Its very slow or freezes. Any advice. I thing the interface is to much for this router

• Netduma Staff

I have to reboot the router 10 times a day that i even can do something on Netduma interface. Its very slow or freezes. Any advice. I thing the interface is to much for this router

I'd highly recommend the link Big Dog posted above. The issue is often caused by a Port Forwarding / UPnP conflict - so make sure you use one or the other rather than both. I'd recommend Factory Resetting through Settings > Miscellaneous, then enabling UPnP in Settings > UPnP. Don't select a profile (they have been linked to a similar bug). Is the interface still slow after this when using Google Chrome?

Here is the thread and a possible solution to your issue. Please follow and let us know if any of these solutions do not resolve your issue!

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19266-slow-gui-interface-the-solution-is-here/

I know for that thread. But why should i do this? Router should work without some workarounds dont you think. I use port forwarding and upnp disabled

• Netduma Staff

I ordered the new Netgear xr500 today hope its not so slow :)  

Oh nice! Great to hear. Well one of the reasons we've developed DumaOS is to remove bugs like the slow interface issue. DumaOS has no reported slow UI issues (fingers crossed!) and has been through much more extensive testing. You should have a much better time on that - and when DumaOS comes to the R1 in April it'll hopefully bring the R1 up to speed.

With the issue at hand, did that guide help? Are you still getting the issue after our suggestions? Please let us know, and feel free to open another thread if you have any questions about your XR500! :)