best optimal Qos settings

the best QOS settings depend on your own personal connection, but it is recommended to set both sliders to 70% each and the router will do the rest.

As for prioritisation, the router will detect the packet types wether it is console or pc and give them priority over everything else on the network.

B.D

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As Big Dog said we recommend 70% for each of the Anti-Bufferbloat sliders, set it to 'Always' as well. 

For Traffic Prioritization ensure DumaOS Classified Games is enabled (it is by default). Then it will work as Big Dog described!

I have a 150 download and a 10 upload, so should i still set the sliders at 70%. Also the traffic prioritization, can I also manually input certain ports to my xbox x

• Administrators

I have a 150 download and a 10 upload, so should i still set the sliders at 70%. Also the traffic prioritization, can I also manually input certain ports to my xbox x

Yes still use 70%. DumaOS Classified Games encompasses the consoles so it will prioritise all games on the Xbox by default. Therefore there is no need to use ports! You still can if you wish but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Administrators

How does  traffic prioritization work?

It prioritizes your gaming packets above everything else on the network. So it skips ahead of the queue, this means you experience very little to no jitter (variance in your ping) or ping spikes when gaming. Keeping your ping low. Combining with Anti-Bufferbloat, all the devices in the home can use the internet as they want to downloads, streaming etc without lag.

• Administrators

so in the traffic selection it shows a selection of games and console games. Do i input my xbox in there?

For Traffic Prioritization just have DumaOS Classified Games enabled and it will prioritise your Xbox automatically. There is no need to manually added your Xbox.

• 3 years later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Aceu said:

I have a  234.47 download and 12.36 upload, should I still set the sliders at 70%? If not, what do you recommend that’s better

We always recommend that value as a starting point so yes start with that, see how it works for you and if needed it adjust slightly - trial and error really to find what works best but 70% should work very well.