Xr500 best bufferbloat QOS setting

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I would recommend having Anti-Bufferbloat set to 'Always' with 70% set for both download & upload. For Bandwidth Allocation your Fire Stick and TVs are likely to require more bandwidth so give them a bit higher but keep share excess enabled for both download/upload. Traffic Prioritization you can keep DumaOS Classified Games enabled as it will automatically prioritise your consoles.

As Fraser said above.........Also please be aware that every single persons connection and line quality is unique and what is great for 1 person may not work for you.......Also if you have noise on your line then no qos settings will fix that as that is an ISP issue!

B.D

Thanks Netduma Fraser i followed everything you said and probably got one of the best connections/hit detections ever in ww2. Sorry for the 3 post I am new to forums and didn't see if my topic went through thanks for all the info and a fast response. I'm getting about 12 to 16ms ping in the geo filter connected to a dedicated server is that good or can it be better.

• Administrators

Thanks Netduma Fraser i followed everything you said and probably got one of the best connections/hit detections ever in ww2. Sorry for the 3 post I am new to forums and didn't see if my topic went through thanks for all the info and a fast response. I'm getting about 12 to 16ms ping in the geo filter connected to a dedicated server is that good or can it be better.

That's fantastic to hear! Nothing to be sorry about! That is an amazing ping, you won't get better than that!

• Administrators

Occasionally while I am playing I get 12 to 16ms ping and then it jumps to 60 or 70 then back down to 12 to 16 in the graph at the bottom of the geo filter is that normal or would you consider that a ping spike?

That is a ping spike yes, it won't be due to local congestion because the settings I gave you will prevent that. So it will be the server, move your home location or change your radius to force a different server.

• Administrators

How about the modem? I am using one provided by my isp and seen something to do with ping spikes with the chip set. The modem is a Arris tm1602

Very good catch. It appears it does suffer from the Puma 6 issue. I thought they had fixed that by now. Force different servers and if you continue to see the ping spikes follow this guide to confirm it is the Arris causing it: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/