XR500 High Priority traffic

Well I have noticed the router detecting high priority traffic, and my PS4 isn't on anymore. I also noticed the device manager has two PS4's listed, both currently under the offline side. The thing is I do have two PS4's in my household. But one is currently in a room not being used, and doesn't even have power plugged in. One other thing multiple devices in the device manager have controller icon's as if they're being listed as a gaming device.

So I'm currently trying to figure out why the router is showing active high priority data being passed. Yet the only thing listed under high priority is DumaOS Classified Games, being enabled. If I disable this, to the right it stops showing high priority packet's being passed. So something within DumaOS Classified Games is detecting something as high priority traffic... I just can't figure out what, as the PS4 I use is currently powered off, and I even unplugged the ethernet cable going to it.

Fraser, I sent you a couple messages today, and the second one includes a screenshot of my device manager, with all devices listed.

• Administrators

It usually turns off around 30s-1minute after high priority traffic has stopped being detected. Are high priority packets still updating? It could be that if the page was open a long time that it logged you out and that a refresh would prompt you to log in and then the light would go out. I'll take a look at your PM and respond there with any more info.

Also is there a way to refresh your device list without a factory reset, or such? Be nice if there was a refresh button you can push to wipe, and refresh all devices. As then I could see if the 2nd PS4 it has listed, if it would disappear, or pop back up again. Currently it's under offline devices. 

• Administrators

Also is there a way to refresh your device list without a factory reset, or such? Be nice if there was a refresh button you can push to wipe, and refresh all devices. As then I could see if the 2nd PS4 it has listed, if it would disappear, or pop back up again. Currently it's under offline devices. 

That has been requested before so it's likely a feature we'll add. For now you'd have to delete devices individually. If the router detects that it's online it will switch to LAN or WiFi very quickly, likewise if it goes offline.

Fraser,

I deleted a lot of the offline devices including the second PS4 the XR500 had listed. After this I re-enabled the DumaOS Classified Games, and it seems to not be actively passing high priority packet's after I stop playing with my PS4. So maybe there was some kind of bug, or such that was causing this. I also went threw my devices, and switched the one's I knew 100%, that were showing as playstation. So between the two it might of been reason this was happening.

Hopefully in the future you guys can add more Device type's to select. As there's a couple missing I can list myself, Set Top boxes, Router/AP/Gateways. As in my network I have my R9000 connected to my XR500 running in AP mode to keep wifi strong on the second side of the house. The R9000 is wired to the XR500 though, as my home is wired with ethernet with a smart panel. Still I have plenty of devices that only connect via Wifi, so it's important to keep wifi signal as strong as possible.

• Administrators

Great to hear it's working now, keep an eye out to see if it happens again and I can take a look at it. 

We will be adding more device types - next one will be the Nintendo Switch. If you could provide us with the MAC addresses for those devices (via PM) then we can get them classified in a later version.

Fraser,

I noticed not to soon after my last post, someone at my home had left, and when they returned home. Their phone reconnected, while the device manager tagged it playstation. So on the QoS page the high priority light showed red, as if high priority traffic was active.

With that said, i think whenever a device is being improperly tagged as a playstation(gaming device). It's causing the high priority traffic light to appear active, and red, while it's active device on the network.

After i noticed this, i properly assigned the device as a phone. Pretty sure after i did this the high priority traffic light turned off. I'm away from home till later tonight, and i know it's late for you guys in the UK. Just thought this was worth mentioning, seems like this may be a bug.

• Administrators

Hi guys I just got the RX500 the high priority traffic is not working I put in the ports for PC Battlefield 1 but it never lights up when I run the game

can anyone help me with this

thanks guys!

Hi iresolver, you have likely entered the ports incorrectly so remove the rule you made and make a manual rule for your PC using the ports like this please:

Source Ports

Start - 3659

End - 3659

Destination Ports

Start - 1 

End - 65535

Protocol - UDP

Then try again and let us know if that works please.

Fraser,

This is a bit off topic from the OP itself. But it's something I think is worth mentioning. On the system info tab. Next to "Uptime" you have local router time. Which I think is pointless, because right below it you have "router time" which shows the same time. With that said, the time it shows doesn't match my own local time. I even set my time on the Content Filtering<->Schedule page. I will include a image in this post, the router time showed 17:31, which it is only 12:31 at that current time. So it's showing local UK time, which in my opinion should be showing the local time I set.

So I feel the section beside "Uptime" remove the router time, and the "up" next to the actual uptime. Also move CPU Load Averages to its own level. There's room to do this as well. If you look below the DumaOS Code Name, there's enough room to add a line for "CPU Load Averages" to be by itself. I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way either, I just think the "System Info" tab can be improved, as it currently seems a bit clustered, and I don't like how it currently shows UK's local time, not the owner of the router's local time.

1518111249-U157.png

• Administrators

Just a tad! If you have like a request or a different issue make a new topic please, its easier for me to track. 

If you reboot the router the time should update to your local time. I do agree by that but it was very minor so hasn't been changed yet. I'll pass on to Dev team.

• Administrators

doesn't this open all the ports up to 65535 can I use port triggering so the ports are not all ways open?

No it doesn't because you set the source port first. Please don't use port triggering it is a dead technology that no one should use! 

• Administrators

DumaOS automatically 65535 in source port it seams they want the port to open to be destination port

now it lights up when the game is running

thanks for your help

The port they communicate with your router on is 3659. It's their Destination Port but your Source Port. Their Destination Port could be anything thats why you give it the entire range. Glad to hear it's working now. We're going to be adding it to DumaOS Classified Games so that it will prfioritize automatically.

• Administrators

iresolver just to be very clear make sure you have done the following:

Source: 3659 - 3659

Destination: 1 - 65535

Overwrite what DumaOS suggests in the source port. I'm worried you may have put 1 - 65535 in the source range which is will work very poorly.