XR500 DumaOS Ping Graph Bug

Just purchased the XR500. I am still figuring it out, but it seems to be a good product. One bug that I have noticed is that if the Geofilter Ping Graph is pinned to the dashboard, the ping graph will not change no matter what host it is connected to. It will only show the first host that it connects to, and will not change even if the host connection changes. The ping graph works as expected on the Geofilter tab and will update depending on the host that you are connected to.

• Administrators

Hi Dilly,

Firstly thanks for purchasing the xr500.

We are aware of this. It's not really a bug but rather bad design. When you pin, you pin the ping to that particular host.

We are going to push firmware update soon that has auto ping on the dashboard ping panel. So it changes the target based on the host.

Hope that makes sense :)

• Administrators

I noticed that there was a 2.1.0.6 firmware link on the Netgear XR500 support page. The download link is not working. Was there a problem with the firmware and it was pulled?

No - the difference between 2.1.0.4 and 2.1.0.6 was just a minor change to help installation of the firmware at the factory, so there was no benefit for a current user to upgrade. 

We develop features very quickly so there will be new firmware soon.