GPL compliancy

M4stah

In a recent reddit post on /r/dota2 you stated that the software on your router is based on OpenWRT. OpenWRT is released under the GPLv2, so I was wondering where the source code for your software is availble, as is required by the GPLv2 license.

• Administrators

It's available on openwrt website obivously get the latest revision for mikrotik build.

The rest is in userspace and under lgpl dynamic libs and therefore legally closed source

• Administrators

we may open source the OS I wrote from scratch that is a UNIX derivative with signals, processes & threads, syscalls, tcp/ip stack with NAT as we're not using it at the moment. 

we may open source the OS I wrote from scratch that is a UNIX derivative with signals, processes & threads, syscalls, tcp/ip stack with NAT as we're not using it at the moment.

You'll know best Iain but I'd hang fire. You might want to delve back into it in time and never know what it could end up as :)

• Netduma Staff

yeah good point, I was thinking of adding a commercial licence alternative as well if someone wanted to use it. 

What would the advantages have been of using the OS that you wrote? :)

• Administrators

well completely control and knowledge of it. So I can implement things faster & make them bespoke to my needs easily but the downside is it hasn't been tested as much. 

Archived