Nat Type on Strict

Santi1nadal

I have been trying to get my Strict Nat Type to Open. I have tried using http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat … this link but it didn't help me. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Make sure you reserve your Duma's IP and place it in your main routers DMZ as Buck says above. Also make sure you have UPNP enabled in the Duma.

On my router there are two options for DMZ. There is WAN IP which I can't change but on Private IP I can so I changed that with the WAN IP I got on the Netduma and it stills says on my Xbox One that my Nat Type is still on strict. Also my UPNP is enabled and is still says Strict.

I have a airport extreme and I realize that when I use it my Nat Type is on Strict but when I don't use it, it gets on Open. Yes I have tried not using the Geo Filter. Is there any way of using the Airport Extreme while keeping my Nat Type Open.

I believe you are getting a strict NAT because you have two routers basically back to back (Double NAT).  So what we want to do is let the 

Netduma do the routing and turn your Airport Extreme into an access point (it will retain all it capabilities except being a router).  This link should help with setting up the

Airport extreme in bridge mode: https://gigaom.com/2010/03/03/how-to-setup-an-airport-extreme-in-bridge-mode/

This will be the setup for you : Modem < Netduma < Airport Extreme(In bridge mode)<All devices 

I think my airport extreme is already an access point. 

I believe you are getting a strict NAT because you have two routers basically back to back (Double NAT).  So what we want to do is let the 

Netduma do the routing and turn your Airport Extreme into an access point (it will retain all it capabilities except being a router).  This link should help with setting up the

Airport extreme in bridge mode: https://gigaom.com/2010/03/03/how-to-setup-an-airport-extreme-in-bridge-mode/

This will be the setup for you : Modem < Netduma < Airport Extreme(In bridge mode)<All devices 

I feel that is what is happening but can quiet make it work can you please go step by step making my process a little easier. I am new to this

I have no idea about airport but for me just putting the netduma in the DMZ didn't work. I had to play around with the order of the restarts on all devices till I found one that worked. Try restarting your main router and all the devices after you put it into the dmz. 

Hope it helps!

1. Open Airport Utility
  2. Select the Airport
  3. Click 'Edit'
  4. Click 'Advanced'
  5. Click 'DHCP and NAT'
  6. Click Default Host, and enter the IP address you want.
  7. IP address of the Netduma

Hopefully this works.

Archived