Fifa profile says as loaded but resets to general gaming profile

Hi,

I am playing on ps4 fifa18 divisions/seasons. I generally quite a lot of lag issues and I have recently chosen to buy netduma r1. Eventhough the connection/game play looks better at times the lag has not gone away. I still see at times rotating / loading icons or button clicks taking late effect on the fifa game

what have i tried so far

- setting qos for download and upload to 80% 

- setting ps4 as hyper device to prioritize its traffic

- choosing `fifa` profile (but this gets reset to `general gaming`; i can observe that when i reload the profiles page)

- setting geo filter for ps4 device to 500km but not sure this is taking effect

- tried to follow instructions to get `opennat` but could not get it working; still shows as `nat2` on ps4 network information

----------

setup:

- ps4 is connected to the r1 using lan cable

- r1 is connected to sky router via cable

- sky router has wifi disabled

- no devices other than r1 connected to sky router

- r1 version shows as `R1 debug version 1.03.6j running on rb-951g-2hnd`

- tv is in game mode (samsung)

- recent `ping` value from `speedtest` from `london server` is 7ms

any suggestions to fix/amend  nat or profile or geofilter or qos is appreciated.

thanks

Hi,

I am playing on ps4 fifa18 divisions/seasons. I generally quite a lot of lag issues and I have recently chosen to buy netduma r1. Eventhough the connection/game play looks better at times the lag has not gone away. I still see at times rotating / loading icons or button clicks taking late effect on the fifa game

what have i tried so far

- setting qos for download and upload to 80%

- setting ps4 as hyper device to prioritize its traffic

- choosing `fifa` profile (but this gets reset to `general gaming`; i can observe that when i reload the profiles page)

- setting geo filter for ps4 device to 500km but not sure this is taking effect

- tried to follow instructions to get `opennat` but could not get it working; still shows as `nat2` on ps4 network information

----------

setup:

- ps4 is connected to the r1 using lan cable

- r1 is connected to sky router via cable

- sky router has wifi disabled

- no devices other than r1 connected to sky router

- r1 version shows as `R1 debug version 1.03.6j running on rb-951g-2hnd`

- tv is in game mode (samsung)

- recent `ping` value from `speedtest` from `london server` is 7ms

any suggestions to fix/amend nat or profile or geofilter or qos is appreciated.

thanks

I wouldn't worry; it appears to reset in the dropdown menu but you can see the profile is still in effect by looking at your geofilter. For example, if I use the CoD ultimate profile - which puts my home location in the ocean and sets ping assist to 50ms - then back out to the geofilter page, reload the profiles page (which appears to have reloaded the default profile) and then go back to the geofilter, my home location will still be in the ocean and ping assist will still be set to 50ms :) for what it's worth I've played FIFA a few times online and even with <10ms games it still plays like crap with stuttering lol. Can't take it seriously at all so I stick to career mode.

BTW Type 2 is the ideal one on PSN. Type 1 just means you're connected to the Internet without a firewall (ie modem only). The three don't translate to open, moderate and strict like on XBL :)

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to make sure that the lag is not caused by anything on your end then run a test from internet diagnostics to check if there are any problems with your line that may be causing you to lag. You can also download PingPlotter, ping twitter.com, set the interval to 2.5 second, run the test for a minimum of 10 minutes with no one using your internet. This will give you a more in depth indication of the quality of your line. You can also run the same test again when you are gaming and compare the results.

NAT Type 2 is ‘open’ on PS4