Ping test

Lyncho84

Can anyone tell me if the ping test thro the duma is accurate??mines says iv got an average of 30ms but i still seem to get some serious hit detection whilst playing cod aw,when i watch guys streaming on twitch theres hit detection is amazing and seems really smooth,like wat pings wyd they be running for gameplay like that??sucks watching them then playing myself lol

Can anyone tell me if the ping test thro the duma is accurate??mines says iv got an average of 30ms but i still seem to get some serious hit detection whilst playing cod aw,when i watch guys streaming on twitch theres hit detection is amazing and seems really smooth,like wat pings wyd they be running for gameplay like that??sucks watching them then playing myself lol

You need to fine tun the Duma to interact with your particular internet.

First, the Geolocation filter + Ping Assist.

Then, your network congestion (if any).

Finally, you might even move the home location icon depending on where you live.

The only YT who I know that uses an R1 is Drift0r. Ali-A and others do not to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean they do. More than likely, they are just lucky and live in populated areas near dedicated servers e.g. London. 

If your ping is 30ms and stable at that then that is a good ping.

why ping 8.8.8.8 is fair standard to all users?

Because google have servers all over the world, so its one genreric ip for loads of hosts.

The pings are really steady so it is not your isp no jitter problems or packet loss, look through the wiki and set up your congestion control if you have not already :)

Where about's on the globe are you?

The Irish dedicated server is a pain it plays so bad for me and other, so i miss that out completely when i play.

316km Geo from the Scottish boarders to the south coast uk with 0 ping assist so not to jump out of my geo back to Ireland.

• Administrators

Cheers Zennon for helping out. 

Just like to add Lyncho that your base ping is about 30ms. Which is good, some people here have 15 which is exceptional but 30 is good. So the best ping you can get for the game is pretty much 35ms.

Do you know how to use the in game ping feature? 

If your ping is 30ms and stable at that then that is a good ping.

Because google have servers all over the world, so its one genreric ip for loads of hosts.

I may be wrong but 8.8.8.8 is not all over the world.

I Ping to 8.8.8.8 @ 15ms from the UK so i doubt my server is anywhere near there ;)

They have servers all over that is why Iain use's them for the duma test.

Archived