Still lagging

Sammm1

• Netduma Staff

My ping jumps from 30 to 150 for a second which makes me drop to 1bar for a split second. Is there any way I can stop this

Can you post the information from the link I posted in my previous post - I'm sure we can help then. It sounds like it could be a congestion issue but the information from the screen shots can confirm this.

Thank you.

I tweeted at you what happens to my ping. It's 100% because others are using my internet and congestion control hasn't made a difference to the lag, if anything the lag has been worse since I've had my Netduma

• Netduma Staff

I tweeted at you what happens to my ping. It's 100% because others are using my internet and congestion control hasn't made a difference to the lag, if anything the lag has been worse since I've had my Netduma

Ok, I see that.

Here is the pic for anyone else who want to see it.

Now we know what the issue is we can help diagnose it but to do that we are going to need the information from that link I gave you earlier (here). In particular screen shots of the GeoFilter and also how fast your internet speeds are.

If you need help taking/uploading the screen shots please follow this guide.

Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Is there a way I can stop people from automatically connecting to my bt home hub so they have to connect to the netduma

Yes, you can turn of Wifi on the HH. If you need help with this come into chat and I will explain it for you :)

From what it sounds like it is a local congestion issue and from what you have just posted it sounds like not everyone is connected to the Netduma. This means the congestion control will be ineffective.

If you get everyone connected to the Netduma but turning Wifi off on the HH then the congestion control will work and you should find that you don't get these lag spikes anymore.

• Netduma Staff

I get 10mb download and 0.8mb upload. What do you recommend I set the bars to and what should I set the bandwidth to so that my xbox doesn't lag

Set them to 6% but you nee to make sure every device is connected to the Netduma for the congestion control to be affective.

• Administrators

Hi Sam,

Couple of things. Make sure HH wifi is off as other people can still make you lag if they bypass the Netduma.  Then make sure you're gaming using a wire if possible. Wifi inteference can cause dropouts & lag.

After that I'd suggest setting 70% for both bars, does that fix it? If not we can diagnose further. 

Archived