Fifa 18 help!

rowley5873

I’ve just bought the netduma specifically to help with fifa 18 connection, match making & low ping, but I’m still having problems.

I’m always the away team which didn’t happen very often on my BT router before and it usually means you have the weaker connection. I’m currently using the fifa profile set up but still no joy!

• Netduma Staff

I’ve just bought the netduma specifically to help with fifa 18 connection, match making & low ping, but I’m still having problems.

I’m always the away team which didn’t happen very often on my BT router before and it usually means you have the weaker connection. I’m currently using the fifa profile set up but still no joy!

Hi, welcome to the forum! First off, which game mode are you playing on? Fifa FUT Champs uses Dedicated servers, and the game will try to connect you to one of those every time you play. If your Geo-Filter is set too strictly in this game mode it can cause issues.

What is your ping to the server? How long does it take to find a game? Potentially try the CoD Ultimate profile, which will set your home location in the ocean (at minimum distance) and function only using Ping Assist. This can give great results when the hosts are distant.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks that’s connected me to the futchamps server but the server is always in California and I’m in England and does not give me a ping lower than 70. I’ve tried opening Nat with the instructions above and it’s still on moderate.

I’ve read on some forums and apparently u can’t get open nat on PS4 not sure if this is true!

I’ve seen on the forum that most seem to get nice gameplay on fut seasons (p2p) but me being the away team everytime I get delay and sluggish gameplay and when I do get to be the home team (1 in 50) the gameplay is unplayable.

Hope someone can help thanks

• Netduma Staff

Thanks that’s connected me to the futchamps server but the server is always in California and I’m in England and does not give me a ping lower than 70. I’ve tried opening Nat with the instructions above and it’s still on moderate.

I’ve read on some forums and apparently u can’t get open nat on PS4 not sure if this is true!

I’ve seen on the forum that most seem to get nice gameplay on fut seasons (p2p) but me being the away team everytime I get delay and sluggish gameplay and when I do get to be the home team (1 in 50) the gameplay is unplayable.

Hope someone can help thanks

Relying on ping assist is one of the best ways to secure a decent server in FUT. Unfortunately the server coverage has always been really bad in Fifa - there are a couple of servers in the UK I believe though whether the game decides to connect you is a different matter.

Some of the servers you are connecting to could possibly be mislocated. If you'd like, you could provide us with the ID's of the best servers you find, their ping and the distance from you. (All found in the Ping Graph section). This way we can see if they are mislocated, and fix that if needs be.

It's possible some of those US servers are meant to be in Europe or the UK.

These are the best ones I found as in low ping.

I didn’t have time to play these, I just wanted to see if any dropped in the uk and 2 did.

ID: 7d9f55203c1c9499

Distance 5261m

Ping - 22

ID: 362534ffc2d5383d

Distance 364m

Ping 32

ID: ad9fa8733c4c9499

Distance 5261

Ping 26

ID: c5558e59f264bec3

Distance 485m

Ping 29

• Netduma Staff

Yeah those 5000 distance servers will definitely be mis-located - those are likely UK servers that aren't recognised as such. I'll add them to the list, please let us know if you spot any more!