Encountering an error in Destiny 2 on a new xb1, No issues on ps4

Hello,

Just picked up and xb1x so I can play some D2 with family, otherwise I play on ps4 with clanmates with no issues at all.

Playing on xbox live has gone smoothly (seamless transitions between pve patrol zones and other players in the zones, snappy crucible matches) except that when queuing for my third or fourth activity after start up, Ill sit in matchmaking for a bit and then get a Newt error. Then I restart Destiny 2 and enjoy a couple more activities, then the same error. I have never encountered an error during my 1st or 2nd activity. Ive searched for solutions to this specific error and haven't come up with anything. Not sure whether its a problem with my home network, but I've tried the following:

-UPnP enabled, disabled

-Static ip for the xbox one

-Manually forwarding ports according to chive962's setup guide

-Since I have two systems that require similar ports and only one will ever be used at one time, I followed these steps to   let them use the same static IP address

-Power cycling the system and router when changing settings, etc.

Firmware is 1.03.6h

My xbox is hardwired to the Netduma R1 and ISP antenna, which provides access to the internet via fixed wireless signal, with most of my matches reporting a 50ms ping

I pay for 25Mbps down and 5Mbps up

Netduma ping diagnostics say ping is Ok, jitter is exceptional, spikes exceptional, no packet loss.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm certainly grateful for the help I've received in the past! Netduma for life.

• Netduma Staff

Hello,

Just picked up and xb1x so I can play some D2 with family, otherwise I play on ps4 with clanmates with no issues at all.

Playing on xbox live has gone smoothly (seamless transitions between pve patrol zones and other players in the zones, snappy crucible matches) except that when queuing for my third or fourth activity after start up, Ill sit in matchmaking for a bit and then get a Newt error. Then I restart Destiny 2 and enjoy a couple more activities, then the same error. I have never encountered an error during my 1st or 2nd activity. Ive searched for solutions to this specific error and haven't come up with anything. Not sure whether its a problem with my home network, but I've tried the following:

-UPnP enabled, disabled

-Static ip for the xbox one

-Manually forwarding ports according to chive962's setup guide

-Since I have two systems that require similar ports and only one will ever be used at one time, I followed these steps to   let them use the same static IP address

-Power cycling the system and router when changing settings, etc.

Firmware is 1.03.6h

My xbox is hardwired to the Netduma R1 and ISP antenna, which provides access to the internet via fixed wireless signal, with most of my matches reporting a 50ms ping

I pay for 25Mbps down and 5Mbps up

Netduma ping diagnostics say ping is Ok, jitter is exceptional, spikes exceptional, no packet loss.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm certainly grateful for the help I've received in the past! Netduma for life.

Hi, welcome to the forum! I would recommend disabling your Geo-filter and seeing if this error occurs again - that's always the best way to narrow down the cause to start with. Also, do you have an open NAT on your console and in-game?

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your response. I have the geofilter disabled. My Nat is moderate on XB1 and type 2 on ps4. I cant get a fully open NAT with my ISP, but they have given me a dedicated IP which I believe solved some NAT related issues in the past.