Thinking this tears it for me. #RIPCOD

Dillinger

Actually, I tried with the PS version.  Was told I could not get a refund on WWII, even before it dropped and during the first BETA.  Posted it on Twitter actually.  Took the whole thing to AmEx and let them deal with it.  Got my money back, but then PS banned my account. 

I'd be spitting teeth if they did that to me.

I've only tried to get a refund once for an Xbox game but I was successful, I think it's consumer law here though.

And I'm far from an expert on that subject even for the UK, no idea at all regarding US consumer rights.

It was easier than I expected too, just went on Xbox website, went into live chat, asked for refund, answered a couple of questions, was wished a pleasant day and then they refunded. I was expecting to jump through hoops.

It was for CoD WW2 as well and I've since re-pre-ordered. I'm a noob and an addict.

No matter what anyone says, you don't design, test and request a PATENT for software like this assuming it's a whim and you intend to put it on the shelf.

I work in the software industry, I have seen patents be submitted just in case anyone else tries to implement the idea successfully, which in turn entitles me as the patent holder to a slice of the pie. Apple does this all the time. It may never be implemented by activision, but if a competitor uses it, its free money. a $15k patent from a multi billion dollar company like activision is nothing to them.

I'd be spitting teeth if they did that to me.

I've only tried to get a refund once for an Xbox game but I was successful, I think it's consumer law here though.

And I'm far from an expert on that subject even for the UK, no idea at all regarding US consumer rights.

It was easier than I expected too, just went on Xbox website, went into live chat, asked for refund, answered a couple of questions, was wished a pleasant day and then they refunded. I was expecting to jump through hoops.

It was for CoD WW2 as well and I've since re-pre-ordered. I'm a noob and an addict

I was really taken aback at how dead set they were against giving me a refund.  Combative, argumentative, just really dead set against giving back my money, which only served to get me fired up and truly pissed off.  Spoke to ass-clown Dylan at PS "Support" and then spoke to his manager.  Which is really just the joker two cubes over, I am convinced there are no supervisors with any power in call centers.  Finally, decided to say fuck it because the PS system, and the tryhard MLG approved sweats that inhabit it, have been a shit show since I bought the stupid thing. 

Fuck Playstation - I'm still mad about that owner's box you spent over $1mil renovating in Seattle for the ballpark you never visited.

So yeah, Am-Ex took care of me, PS banned my account and good riddance.  Now seeing how bad the "service" has been from Activision on this launch, I am actually fine with it.

I work in the software industry, I have seen patents be submitted just in case anyone else tries to implement the idea successfully, which in turn entitles me as the patent holder to a slice of the pie. Apple does this all the time. It may never be implemented by activision, but if a competitor uses it, its free money. a $15k patent from a multi billion dollar company like activision is nothing to them.

"Like this" was the key there.  This was purpose built to enhance the stakeholder's bottom line, which a company is bound by law to do in the US.  You don't collect $2.1+ BILLION dollars on supply drops, post a banner, record-setting year to stakeholders and not be able to answer the question "How can you keep this rolling for us".

"Like this" was the key there.  This was purpose built to enhance the stakeholder's bottom line, which a company is bound by law to do in the US.  You don't collect $2.1+ BILLION dollars on supply drops, post a banner, record-setting year to stakeholders and not be able to answer the question "How can you keep this rolling for us".

The practice is nothing new, corporate golf days do the same thing, pair 2 great clients with 2 potential clients and grease them all up with free beer for 4 hours, easiest sale you will ever have. same sort of thing goes for this patent, get some clients, and potential clients together, let the potentials see the cool thing the clients bought which will make them covet the item. not exactly groundbreaking, but the implementation and engine to run it is clearly patentable. 

The trick for us gamers now is to not get angry, but make sure everyone is educated enough to not fall for these shifty sales strategies, and to punish these companies by not buying their microtransactions.