Impossible to Port Forward!

Hi to all.

Sof first off, I live in a verrry remote place in Alaska (pop. of 1000), but I do have internet.  So, my issue is that BO3 says my nat is strict even though PS4 says Type 2.  And no, Host Filtering is not enabled when I boot up BO3.  

Current config: Internet -> ISP Router/Modem in Bridge -> Netduma -> PS4 via LAN

Methods I've tried in Netduma: With Netduma IP in the ISP Router DMZ, I've tried manually port forwarding with UPNP disabled; UPNP enabled and Port Forwarding disabled; and I tried those methods with the ISP router in Bridge mode too.

Methods I've tried in ISP Router: With PS4 in the ISP Router DMZ, manually port forward; UPNP; and even using my PPPOE credentials in the PS4 with the router in bridge!  I've tried everything and I still can't get less than a strict nat.

Couple things I have noticed that I think be the problem:

-Ports not actually opening, probably ISP blocked

-My WAN IP is not the same as my external IP from ipchicken

-Maybe too many NATs after my ISP router

-I don't have a landline, I get internet like through a radar or satellite looking thing

I don't think my issue is the Netduma but I'd greatly appreciate anyone's advice.  Thanks.

to get an open nat type.

Rule Name: 3074UDP

Start Port: 3074

End Port: 3074

Protocol: UDP

IP Address: the last 3 Digits of you ps4 Ip Address

and hit apply, but make sure Upnp is turned off before applying the port forwarding.

factory reset your netduma and reset modem before doing this.

• Administrators

From what you've said its not a Netduma issue. NAT Type 2 is open so I believe it's the game that isn't reporting your NAT correctly. If you have MWR try opening that see what your NAT is reported at and then go back to BO3 and see if it's open.

One thing I’ve noticed is that in the netduma UPNP window, I can see the ports requested from the PS4, ports 3074 and 9308 I think. So at some point after the netduma, the request drops.

Go into miscellaneous settings and check this box

T2op3H2hSz_zXKFh53cs0w.png

Go into miscellaneous settings and check this box

T2op3H2hSz_zXKFh53cs0w.png

That's how I'm currently set up.  I'm pretty sure my settings are correct, I just don't see it work.  Unfortunately, I don't have another COD game to check.  When I run a port check tool for my external IP, I don't see the ports opening.

• Administrators

One thing I’ve noticed is that in the netduma UPNP window, I can see the ports requested from the PS4, ports 3074 and 9308 I think. So at some point after the netduma, the request drops.

Disable UPnP & apply. Then enable & apply and immediately turn on console & game. Is it open then? If what you say is true then it should be open immediately.

That's how I'm currently set up.  I'm pretty sure my settings are correct, I just don't see it work.  Unfortunately, I don't have another COD game to check.  When I run a port check tool for my external IP, I don't see the ports opening.

I wouldn't advise upnp forwarding for your setup, too many unnecessary ports forwarded can cause conflicts.