Connection constantly dropping after switching to Netduma

My old router (nighthawk X8) never had this problem and nothing about my setup has changed aside from this router. Have my own modem (Arris Surfboard Docsis 3.1) and am not getting anywhere NEAR the speeds I am told to get from Xfinity (which is understandable) but I am also a ways away from the speeds my nighthawk gave me (I acknowledge it is a better router in that aspect but it should not be this big of a difference). The biggest issue I have is wifi dropping on all devices in the house constantly throughout the day and I even had my wired console drop just now. I have checked the wifi work around, reset both router and modem, I believe I am on a good channel (although maybe could use some help figuring out the least congested one) and don't believe security is an issue. The 2.4 band should be plenty strong enough to reach throughout my tiny home with great strength.

I am surprised I didn't see a forum on this on the front page and would love some assistance before I am forced to return this product.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022366-why-is-my-connection-speed-lower-

First, you should only be doing speed test wired on a computer. That's the only thing that's going to be accurate and consistent.

You're only going to get about 80 Mbps on the 2.4ghz wifi. If you want set your nighthawk in AP mode and use it for wifi. That's what I do. Comcast here as well. I get 240 Mbps wired and wireless with a second router for 5ghz in AP mode.

As for the connection dropping out, is the router restarting? Do you hear it beep?

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022366-why-is-my-connection-speed-lower-

First, you should only be doing speed test wired on a computer. That's the only thing that's going to be accurate and consistent.

You're only going to get about 80 Mbps on the 2.4ghz wifi. If you want set your nighthawk in AP mode and use it for wifi. That's what I do. Comcast here as well. I get 240 Mbps wired and wireless with a second router for 5ghz in AP mode.

As for the connection dropping out, is the router restarting? Do you hear it beep?

I have followed those steps and have found that there was one of the three spots where I had IPV6 enabled that I must have missed. This definitely made a difference and while it is a long shot from the 250mbps that Xfinity has listed as my plan, it will definitely work for what I intend to use it for. I have returned the nighthawk but that would have probably been the smartest idea. My wired test had me getting aroung 90 down and 10 up on OOKLA.

The router is not restarting and I do believe the wifi seems to go out by itself while a wired connection is still hot.

I have followed those steps and have found that there was one of the three spots where I had IPV6 enabled that I must have missed. This definitely made a difference and while it is a long shot from the 250mbps that Xfinity has listed as my plan, it will definitely work for what I intend to use it for. I have returned the nighthawk but that would have probably been the smartest idea. My wired test had me getting aroung 90 down and 10 up on OOKLA.

The router is not restarting and I do believe the wifi seems to go out by itself while a wired connection is still hot.

Try testing plugged directly into your modem... If your speeds aren't what you're paying for then you have line issues which need to be fixed by Comcast.

As for the wifi dropping, I rarely used the wifi on the Netduma but I never had it happen to me. I use an AP for the 5ghz. I know other people here have had the same problem, so probably the best thing is wait for someone else to reply. I remember someone said moving other devices away from the Netduma stopped theirs from dropping. Is anything near it?

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/21990-wifi-module-failing/?do=findComment&comment=158461

• Netduma Staff

The advice above is great; I'd recommend changing WiFi channel using a WiFi analyser to find the best channel, as well as following the suggestions from MoD BoX. Please let us know how that goes.