Hello and help!

MNenzo

Hey everyone! My name is Enzo, I'm from Minnesota, I play a ton of COD, FIFA and R6S. I recently bought a NETDUMA but I've been experiencing many issues. I don't know much about internet or routers but I'm intrigued by it and always willing to learn. I've found this to be probably the best forums I've ever been a part of and the support I've gotten has been amazing! Here are my issues currently if anyone cares to read or try and help:

I started out connecting everything and it working fine. I can get in very crispy lobbies and the geo-filtering is really cool. With my old modem/router which is a really old one that my internet provider gave my family years and years ago I was able to port forward with the help of a friend making my NAT type in CoD open. With my NETDUMA my NAT type in BO3 went back to moderate but I was told that it only says this due to the geo-filtering. My biggest issue right now is that through the XBOX network status my nat type comes up as "unavailable". When I test out my xbox live connection I receive the message "Can't Locate Teredo IP address". This makes it so I cannot be in xbox live party chat though my games run smoothly. 

UPNP is turned on both in the settings and the UPNP tab. If I turn off UPNP my NAT type through xbox is OPEN and I can communicate with friends but in BO3 and other games I cannot join games saying my NAT type is strict. I've tried forwarding following the instructions yet it doesn't work. So I either can talk to my friends but not play with them or play with my friends but not talk to them. A page I found through NETDUMA says it is not recommended to port forward and use UPNP at the same time, I tried doing it at the same time but still doesn't help. Lastly when I go into UPNP and see what it's allegedly port forwarding I see 3074 which is for CoD and I also see one that says "Teredo". I don't know what this means but if anyone has any tips that'd be greatly welcomed!

Also whoever Jack is from NETDUMA that has replied to my emails, you are awesome!

Enzo

Hi Enzo

Have you tried ticking upnp forwarding under Miscellaneous?

Go to settings Miscellaneous then tick upnp forwarding

Also make sure you have upnp enabled on your modem/router as sometimes I have found with DMZ some ports don't open correctly.

Give it a try.

Don't forget to turn off geo filter before you start up xbox/ps4

Hi Enzo

Have you tried ticking upnp forwarding under Miscellaneous?

Go to settings Miscellaneous then tick upnp forwarding

Also make sure you have upnp enabled on your modem/router as sometimes I have found with DMZ some ports don't open correctly.

Give it a try.

Don't forget to turn off geo filter before you start up xbox/ps4

Yes the upnp is enabled in both miscellaneous and in the upnp tab.  upnp is also turned on in my modem/router and I can see the list of things its trying to port but the only one I can identify is 3075/3074 which is call of duty. I'm not sure the geo-filtering is the issue since I have it turned off when I boot my console. I might change internet providers soon, going from century link to xfinity, maybe that'll change it but if I can fix this then I wouldn't really need to change providers. I just want more download/upload and xfinity has more variety compared to century link. 

• Netduma Staff

Yes the upnp is enabled in both miscellaneous and in the upnp tab.  upnp is also turned on in my modem/router and I can see the list of things its trying to port but the only one I can identify is 3075/3074 which is call of duty. I'm not sure the geo-filtering is the issue since I have it turned off when I boot my console. I might change internet providers soon, going from century link to xfinity, maybe that'll change it but if I can fix this then I wouldn't really need to change providers. I just want more download/upload and xfinity has more variety compared to century link. 

Hi Enzo, welcome to the forum! Thank you for the kind words, we all try our best. So first off, what does your full setup look like? So long as your setup is: Modem > Netduma > All Devices, your hardware should be set up correctly. For NAT issues it's always worth checking that you've put your Netduma in the DMZ of your ISP modem. To do this, click on the Device Manager on the Netduma UI. If you see a blue box there (let us know if you don't) then there'll be a WAN IP address just below that. You'll need to copy that WAN IP, and then go to your modem UI and paste it in the DMZ box. (Should be under Security settings).

If the DMZ step has already been taken then check out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-. There you will find all the most obvious solutions to NAT issues - it might be worth checking that your console is on an automatic IP. Please let us know how this goes.

Hi Enzo, welcome to the forum! Thank you for the kind words, we all try our best. So first off, what does your full setup look like? So long as your setup is: Modem > Netduma > All Devices, your hardware should be set up correctly. For NAT issues it's always worth checking that you've put your Netduma in the DMZ of your ISP modem. To do this, click on the Device Manager on the Netduma UI. If you see a blue box there (let us know if you don't) then there'll be a WAN IP address just below that. You'll need to copy that WAN IP, and then go to your modem UI and paste it in the DMZ box. (Should be under Security settings).

If the DMZ step has already been taken then check out this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-. There you will find all the most obvious solutions to NAT issues - it might be worth checking that your console is on an automatic IP. Please let us know how this goes.

So I followed what you said and it worked! I did the whole copy and paste WAN IP into the DMZ box but there was actually a drop down box that already had it as an option for me to click. That and now knowing only to turn on geo-filtering when in game rather than always having it on I believe did the trick. While my nat-type is still moderate even with geo-filtering off it doesn't bother me at all as long as I can connect to friends and get into crispy lobbies. For now I'll leave it as it is and continue to read on how I can better my experience. Thanks for the help Jack and Prog who previously replied to my initial comment!

Game on.

• Netduma Staff

So I followed what you said and it worked! I did the whole copy and paste WAN IP into the DMZ box but there was actually a drop down box that already had it as an option for me to click. That and now knowing only to turn on geo-filtering when in game rather than always having it on I believe did the trick. While my nat-type is still moderate even with geo-filtering off it doesn't bother me at all as long as I can connect to friends and get into crispy lobbies. For now I'll leave it as it is and continue to read on how I can better my experience. Thanks for the help Jack and Prog who previously replied to my initial comment!

Game on.

Awesome news, glad to hear that worked. We play on a moderate NAT in the office (in-game) since through testing we discovered it to be a false reading. If it starts taking ages to find games, and only finds you bad connections, then you likely actually have a moderate NAT - though this is rarely the case.

Please let us know if you have any more issues. I'll now close this thread but feel free to open a new one.