Having last second doubts about purchasing this.

Yes it needs to be run on a clear line :)

If that is other users on your internet making you spike to 70ms then netdumas congestion control would stop that , its one of my favourite features :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

oh i see.... well then.. it looks like ill be purchasing this product very soon... Ill send you guys one last thing though tonight, maybe ill be able to hide the ips somehow too.. ill google it

thanks again

You can just go into paint and pain over them or something :)

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1433231519-U2282.png

these are my results with nobody on the internet except my own pc.

I disabled wifi and this pc is connected wired. so there is nothing on

my internet except this one pc It seems like im still getting lag spikes

on the second hop!! is this the source of my lag and how do I fix this?

Thanks guys cheers :)

here is some more info when i ping the same exact address unlimited times using cmd then I get similar ish numbers but slightly lower. Im still getting spikes from 16 or 17ms all the way up to 84 ms suddenly. there is something going on here

Your pings are spot on, the second hop is just not making pings as a priority the round trip is low and smooth only moving up 1ms , that is really good.

So you see when others are on and you are gaming them lag spikes they are making by surfing and streaming is effecting your gaming , the congestion control on the Netduma will keep your pings around what you have when nobody is on.

I could not believe it when i saw how well it performs stopping local congestion , absolute god send for me.

thanks for taking a look at all of this. here is one more image, people are online now, is there still congestion?

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1433275988-U2282.png- do you see that 196ms ping spike?!

and.. one more thing... if what you are saying is true, I should be able to take everybody offline,

and play ps4 over wired, and have a perfect connection, right? I have actually done this before and not noticed a difference.

And im not just saying this every thing im saying is true.

I know this is complicated but if there is anybody on the planet that knows the answer to this its you!!

#legend

There is some spiking you judge by the bottom graph as your guide dont worry about the hops until the round trip.

The graph shows the round trip and it has spikes up to 80 now and again over a 15 min test

Now using this with a Netduma it has congestion control that stops other users from causing lag spikes like these.

they can still use the internet as before but the congestion control works to keep your ping's low.

My and my son do not argue over who's downloading what while the other is gaming , peace has been restored :)

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_getting_started

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1433389054-U2282.png

Omg that packet loss is scary, what on earth?! Will the netduma fix this too?!

Jeff

Short answer no. Packet loss is likely a line issue or congedtion etc that only the ISP can resolve. It's worth plotting other destinations to see if you also get packet loss or just that route.

As a very rare case, sometimes a modem can be on the way out and cause packet loss and other issues. But more likely to be just the line / ISP.

But that could be cause by streaming or downloads from other users in the home , please test when nobody is using it at peak time so when school ends around dinner time for about 15 mins to rule out other users first.

I say this because your other test's never showed PS.

I have had packet loss show on bbc.co.uk while testing then when i switched to 8.8.8.8 it went away sometime its the hop that is playing up , its only happening on one hop in your log.

• Administrators

That could just be a router that drops ICMP on purpose. If you're getting packet loss due to congestion the duma will definitely help :) 

• Netduma Staff

Im sure the net duma will fix my packet loss and other issues Im having with my internet. I have dsl by the way, 20 mb download .92 upload.

It will be able to fix this packet loss if it is a local congestion issue but if it isn't then it might not be able to help :) Regardless, you will still be able to use the host filtering which should significantly reduce the ping to the host and improve your games.

Archived