Difference between BF4 test and Netduma

Guateuc

• Netduma Staff

Its possible that maybe the BF test is run from one of their servers then the results are relayed back to you, maybe its not done directly from your console meaning the pings wouldn't be right.

But I would definitely go with the Netduma test - it think it would be more accurate than the BF one  :)

And yes, latency and ping are the same.

Did one  on a West Coast Server.  BF said 87 while Netduma said 63ms.  I guess subract 20-30 from the bf test to get actual ping.  I wish they included it in game like the PC instead of those bars...

When you test to 8.8.8.8 (google) it is a last mile test (close to you)

When you test with consoles it might ping a server very far away from you.

This will always be higher because of distance, i trust what the duma shows me.

As long as the game feels in sync i play on' no matter what is shows :)

• Administrators

That seems like too much of a difference mate, are you sure you pinged the right server or that BF4 is showing you the ping to the game server? 

Absolute right @Zennon!

We cant be that nitpicking with the pings. I'll take any game that feels smooth. 

In fact if you are just looking for this very low ping games you will find yourself just looking on the Netduma interface more than your are acutally playing the game. 

Enjoy your games with your geofilter and the sooner you'll understand that the game developers have bad servers  and netcodes the better you will enjoy your favourite games :)

For instance AW isn't working for me with or without the Netduma router. The game is garbage but the question is do you tolerate that. 

That seems like too much of a difference mate, are you sure you pinged the right server or that BF4 is showing you the ping to the game server? 

I am pretty sure that is the right server.  BF4 is showing me the ping to the game server.  

• Administrators

See that makes me think the Netduma is more accurate, because you live on the East coast so an East coast server would more likely be in the 20 range. 

• Netduma Staff

That makes sense.  I wonder why BF has it so high.  If the East servers are in Kansas, gg EA.

My guess is still that the test is being done from another server then the results are sent to you. You could test this by getting one of your mates in the same game and checking to see if you have the same value for latency - if it is the same it is likely to be done from another server then sent t everyone in the lobby. If it is different then my theory is wrong and I have no idea, lol :)

My guess is still that the test is being done from another server then the results are sent to you. You could test this by getting one of your mates in the same game and checking to see if you have the same value for latency - if it is the same it is likely to be done from another server then sent t everyone in the lobby. If it is different then my theory is wrong and I have no idea, lol :)

I test with some guys.  They were getting 70ms to 80 ms.

• Administrators

I'd listen to Netduma ping. It maybe slightly lower then actual ping as it doesn't measure your computer to router but thats negligible it should in most cases by very accurate! 

Archived