Gears of War 4 and Geo Filter

II Z IE IR O II

TC decided to eliminate region filter and went to a ping based match making type of system as of today.  Just an FYI, geo filter is still useless.  Trying to force connect to a certain server doesn't work all the time.  If you do connect and the server is outside of your circle radius (with ping assist set a zero of course) and the game loads, what happens is, you time out and go back to main screen, what sucks is you get banned for 15 minutes.  Game thinks you purposely quit, so you get penalized for it.  

Serious?so you can no longer choose the server closes to you?gears of war allways played nice for me,I've not played it in a long time but will be reinstalling on the Xbox X

If you're playing matches that penalizes you for quitting, I wouldn't recommend you enable your geo-filter. Just by chance you get placed on a server outside your geo-filter and you time out (due to your geo-filter settings), you will get banned for 15 minutes. From my understanding, if you keep quitting, your ban gets longer. I thought by forcing the geo-filter to connect me to games in California (being that TC got rid of region filtering) it would work, but it doesn't. It's still the same. There's only 2 servers that seems to cover the entire West Coast. One is in California and the other is in Texas.

• 3 weeks later...

That's annoying, thats how Halo does it also (minus the ban part). I'll take a look if I get a chance but sounds like we couldn't do anything.

Don’t even waste your time Fraser, it’s out of the R1 control. If you play social matches, the geo-filter works. It’s just core and competitive matches that I would recommend enabling geo-filtering. Possibly will get “timed out” and banned for 15 minutes.