Network Restrictions

DumaRocks

Anyone get a network restriction before on PS4. From what I can tell, you have to change your IP address. Tried disconnecting everything overnight and that didn't work. Can you force an IP change with duma in any way. My ISP says they can not change it. I have no idea why I got this block out of PS4. The only extra piece of equipment I have is the net duma and I haven't done anything different than in the past. I am on a dynamic IP but it never changes so not sure what to do.

Would the net duma potentially do something that would flag PS4 into putting a network restriction?

I tried connecting to PS4 on my account via my cell phone using the cell data and i don't get the restriction so I did confirm it was a network and not an account ban or restriction. I also get that goofy auth error when trying to login on my restricted IP.

Any thoughts or help how to remedy this?

Somebody else had a similar issue a week or so ago, turned out his "brother" or something had been using something that was causing a ban. The R1 itself will not cause any network restriction. 

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/21870-psn-ban-ip-because-of-netduma/

Not sure if that helps. 

• Administrators

As above. 

You're on a dynamic IP but your ISP can't change your IP and unplugging/rebooting your modem hasn't changed your IP? Something isn't right there. Sounds like you're actually on a static IP.

You can try change the Duma's MAC address, it may achieve an IP change but would be slight

As above. 

You're on a dynamic IP but your ISP can't change your IP and unplugging/rebooting your modem hasn't changed your IP? Something isn't right there. Sounds like you're actually on a static IP.

You can try change the Duma's MAC address, it may achieve an IP change but would be slight

I actually had them hook up my old Comcast modem for a couple of days and than today I went back to my TP-Link and as soon as I switched modems it assigned a new IP. I was having a ton of problems yesterday with duma UI, hoping going back to the TP-Link is the solution. Won't know until next COD WW2 beta though. From what I can tell, it is a dynamic IP but it never changes and I have heard unplugging and rebooting doesn't work most of the time. I actually unhooked all my internet devices overnight and it didn't change my IP. The modem changed worked though. I think at some point they changed the IP which resulted in me getting stuck with an IP that might have already been banned from PS4 but I haven no idea. 

Problem is back. When I hooked back up to the TP-Link 7620 I got blocked from PS4 again. I think there is an issue with this modem cause when I was on my other modem, there was no problem.

Not sure if I should purchase a new modem or just use the comcast modem it came from. Wondering this has anything to do with the crazy pings I was seeing in the duma interface. I am just so lost on this issue but I don't want to purchase another modem to find out the issue returns. I suppose I have the ability return it after a few days.

Any suggestions on what modems to get if I do choose that route?